Crutchfield Website Reaches One Million Order Mark

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Jan 20, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Nice

That is about 392 orders Per DAY on average, if I had 10% of that I would be Happy

2. PerryB

PerryB Guest

All I can say is WOW!

3. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

One of those orders came from me. A US Accoustics USX-2080. Michael, I'm sure you will be the second to reach this feat :D .

4. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

McDonald's has served billions too and JC Whitney has certainly exceeded Crutchfield number long time ago... nothing to brag about... Mass marketing is just what it is... Nice flashy catalog but their prices are higher than local auto shops and their advice does not extend beyond what they have in their catalog (I tried to get a few connectors/adapters and they were not much help)... I guess I have contributed a few times to that number too by buying a few trim brackets and adapters... Their customer service though is top notch, they are very pleasant and reliable... Gotta give them credit for that... ;)

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Your Missing a Few Points, that makes this acheivement something Very much to brag about

1. it reached 1 million WEB orders (not web and catalog orders) in 7 years (not since the start of the company) that is a VERY VERY VERY VERY large amout of orders in such a short time......

2> it is the the CAR AUDIO feild, no other Industry has had such a Terrible Additude to web sales than car audio, only over the last 1-2 years has the top brands even considered haveing a Authorized Online dealer, and most still dont......

Their Prices are not higher than local prices, ALL ,and I repeat ALL authorized dealers are required to advertise their prices at MAP, minimum advertised Price, This eliminates competiton and assures that all dealers make enough money, call it price fixing if you want, I know I do, but that is the way it is......

Now you can walk in to a shop and haggle them down to a lower price, but any show adversiting prices lower than MAP can be severly penilazed upto and including losing the entire line........

6. PerryB

PerryB Guest

Your Missing a Few Points, that makes this acheivement something Very much to brag about

1. it reached 1 million WEB orders (not web and catalog orders) in 7 years (not since the start of the company) that is a VERY VERY VERY VERY large amout of orders in such a short time......

2> it is the the CAR AUDIO feild, no other Industry has had such a Terrible Additude to web sales than car audio, only over the last 1-2 years has the top brands even considered haveing a Authorized Online dealer, and most still dont......

Their Prices are not higher than local prices, ALL ,and I repeat ALL authorized dealers are required to advertise their prices at MAP, minimum advertised Price, This eliminates competiton and assures that all dealers make enough money, call it price fixing if you want, I know I do, but that is the way it is......

Now you can walk in to a shop and haggle them down to a lower price, but any show adversiting prices lower than MAP can be severly penilazed upto and including losing the entire line........[/b][/quote]
    Crutchfield, while obviously having higher prices than unauthorized sellers DO have some great deals from time to time. The after Christmas catalog is usually good for a few great deals every year.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Crutchfield, while obviously having higher prices than unauthorized sellers DO have some great deals from time to time. The after Christmas catalog is usually good for a few great deals every year.[/b][/quote]
    right, that is called "close-outs" that is when they Try to Push all the "going to be discontinued" models out of their warehouse to make room for the new stuff

Manufacturers lift there MAP pricing on Discontinued models, so they can sell them at any price they want with out being penilized,

8. PerryB

PerryB Guest

right, that is called "close-outs" that is when they Try to Push all the "going to be discontinued" models out of their warehouse to make room for the new stuff

Manufacturers lift there MAP pricing on Discontinued models, so they can sell them at any price they want with out being penilized,[/b][/quote]
    Agreed. I was just saying that there are some really good deals available on Crutchfield from time to time. 7 million orders though is quite amazing though. Good luck to you with your site as well, Michael.

9. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Now you can walk in to a shop and haggle them down to a lower price, but any show adversiting prices lower than MAP can be severly penilazed upto and including losing the entire line........[/b][/quote]
    I am not missing these points actually... I am entitled to my opinion though... In case you are not aware, there is a pricing competition going among authorized sellers, at least here in California and they do discount the gear, not by much but enough to make you shop around... The haggling comes next, LOL... I have never tried to haggle with Crutchfield though... LOL...

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

IF they are authroized they can not advertise below MAP prices, IF they are chances are they ARE NOT authorized, just because they own a Brick and Mortor Shop does not mean they are authorized dealers as well.....

not all "real" stores are truly authorized

11. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

The local shops around here don't even come close to crutchfields prices. I really wonder who the fuck walks into these shops and drops 700.00 on a 15" L7...

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

If they are really selling for them for that much they "could" be operating illegally

Many States have laws against selling new non-colletor product for more than their Retial price. the Retail price on the 15L7 is $500

also kicker does not like to hear about their dealers ripping people off in this fashion either,

so if this is occuring in your area, at the very least turn them in to the Companies they are repersenting.....