Creative Sound Solutions Sx10

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by josh99ta, Dec 18, 2003.

1. josh99ta

josh99ta Full Member

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=SX10

One of the best subs I've ever had was the Brahma 12, and I've heard a ton of Adire products, and loved them all. Not to mention that Dan Wiggins has single handled provided me with the best customer service and care that any company ever has, and Adire is probably the biggest company I've ever dealt with. Dan went out of his way to help out a no named kid from Nashville, and I really respect that. Only other person who's came close to what Dan has done for me is Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity, two very stand up guys that have my respect 110%. I can't say the same about some other companies out there, not only in regards to myself but how a few of my friends have been treated. So basically the E8A is getting sold and I'm looking at other subs that fit my needs. Ran up on this sub over on the Acoustic-Visions board, the link explains it all. It seems like it would do all that I need it to as far as output goes, I'm just concerned about the frequency response. I know anechoic means next to nothing when it comes to in car, but at least it'll give me an idea. Can someone model that sub up in 1.7 cubes sealed and 2.0 cubes ported tuned to 30 Hz with a 4" round port and let me know what I'm looking at (mainly concerned with F3 and how many dB down the FR is at 20 hz sealed, and before the roll off, how many theoretical dBs louder will the ported box be). I dont have WinISD and I greatly appreciate any help. Dan said that sub in 1.1 cubes stuffed would do everything a Shiva would do in 2.2 cubes (output wise), and I've heard a Shiva, and the output is right at what I'm wanting, just need to see what the FR is going to look like.

2. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Full Member

Talk to Leon (Dingaling) abou his. I heard through the chain that he took some THD measurements of the SX10, a Peerless XLS, and a Lambda Acoustics PB10, and the SX10 basically cleaned the other drivers' clocks. Those aren't any slouches when it comes to THD, either! The Peerless XLS 10 is in dozens of designs (sold by other companies in their high end home products), and Lambda Acoustics has a serious reputation as building some of the best drivers out there.

You know what I'll say...;) So shoot Dina an e-mail and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

3. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

dings a cool guy lives about 2.5 hrs from me josh hit me up on aim and i can send you his icq contact