Could You use either of these enclosures for two Brahmas?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Slump_Da_Hustla, Aug 9, 2002.

1. syntekz

syntekz Full Member

Yes, but why not save yourself $200+ and build your own?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

SubZero makes a box specificly for the Brahma 12. It is quite nice. Why not e-mail kirk and see if they have 1 for the 15...

3. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

So, does that mean that these two wouldn't hold up? I most likely wouldn't try to go with a prefab ported box, but the sealed one is a possibility. I live in a tiny shack of an apt. with very few tools, so building a box would be difficult.

4. ryno4

ryno4 Full Member

Dude it's not hard at all, well the ports might be hard, but sealed is not hard.

As far as power tools, I don't have a thing all I did was have my neighbor cut the wood/fiberboard.

I believe Home Depot cuts wood, 25cents a cut, first 2 are free.

Not hard at all my friend.;)

5. Slump_Da_Hustla

Well, if they'll cut the wood, than I could handle the rest. I never knew they would do that. I have a drill, I just don't have a table saw or a jig saw.

6. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Full Member

My thoughts:

If cost is a concern, then definitely do it yourself. HOWEVER, if the price isn't too much of a barrier, this is the nicest pre-fab cabinet you will ever find. I've been in car audio off-and-on for the last 15 years, and the quality of finish in these Subzero boxes are better than most full custom boxes that cost 2-3X as much. The thermoformed plastic wrap, exact fit, grille system, etc. are all extremely high quality.

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

7. Slump_Da_Hustla

So, these two particular boxes are sturdy enough for brahmas- even though they are not specifically designed to house them? How would the SQ be with the ported one (if you had to guess)?

8. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Full Member

From my experience with Subzero, EITHER cabinet should be more than stout enough - these things are built like tanks.

The SQ on the vented should be good, but I'd expect the sealed to be considerably better. And with a pair of Brahmas and decent (600-800W) power per driver, you shouldn't be lacking in the SPL department. Well, at least for sane daily levels anyway!

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

9. Slump_Da_Hustla

Thanks, Dan. I went ahead and ordered the sealed one, along with 2 15" Brahmas and 2 Revolution1500's.

Now I just need to decide what car to buy....:eek: