Complete system makeover

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ajfootball61, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

I just got a 2002 Chevy silverado extended cab truck for my 18th birthday. The audio system in it now sucks. I am new to this whole audio thing so I was wondering if anyone can help. I plan on spending between $1,000 - $1,500 on an entirely new system for this truck. I have been looking into a few thing but i get lost around every corner. If anyone has any suggestions on where to start and what to buy please let me know.

I am looking into putting 2 Rockford Fosgate P3's in it as well as replacing all door speakers front and back, a new head unit, some sort of amp combination, and installing tweeters in all four corners.

Any suggestions feel free to put them out there i would greatly appreciate it.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i see your in largo. im in tampa. you should come to one of the many many shows i go to . to get an idea of what can be had for the money you wish to spend.

floridaspl.com.

3. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

yes i am very interested. and i saw you were the moderator living in tampa that was one of the reasons i choose this forum to regester to.

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

1000 to 1500 is a good amount to play around with... What are your goals? SPL? SQ? SQL?

Is there any reason why you want the P3's?

5. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

SQL. Ive been looking at the P3's and I really like them but if there is something else out let me know. I just used the P3's for a starting point

6. pedro quiroga

i dont see anything wrong with those subs. 2 under the seats would work fine with a good 300~500 watts or so.

if you go with the probox how much will it cost with their subs?

7. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

I talked to one of their engineers and he told me you can get it loaded which is the box and to 12's in it for about $600 and I think he said $300 for just the box.

He also said that they designed the box around their new subs and to get the best quality sound and loudness you should get it loaded.

He might have been trying to sell me his product though.

Is it worth the money to even think about loaded? Would any sub with the right range cu. ft. for the box work just fine or sound better?

8. pedro quiroga

well my probox was made for their square sub but i used a kicker instead. it sounded really good to me.

so i would imagine if you found a sub that will work in the box and you can find them cheaper, i would go with the cheaper subs.

9. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

yeah thats what i was planning if i go with the probox 600 is alot for just two subs and a box