Complete novice to car audio needs some help

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DSaw, Sep 17, 2011.

1. DSaw

DSaw New Member

I just bought an 03 tacoma 4 dr and the stock system is pretty bad, I wanted to get a new system installed. I was planning on getting installed at a local car audio place(because I have 0 experience with any type of audio work) but I dont want to get ripped off. So what my real question is how much should I be looking to spend and what do I need? -The goal for the new system is to sound good, i dont have any need to be able to blast people away or anything, I just want a system that hits semi-hard and sounds clean.-

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Most car audio shops are run by professionals and do provide a good honest service. But always ask others, talk to the sales people and if you feel unconfotable, leave. Pushy sales people are always bad. They should listen to your wants and needs and respond to your wants and needs.

So count on needing a wire harness (never skip this) so that you can plug into your factory harness, an install kit. And a reasonable labor charge. Many shops charge little or no labor if you buy the radio from them. How much, thats hard to say.