Complete Car audio system

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by lilbuzjr, Aug 19, 2010.

1. lilbuzjr

lilbuzjr New Member

When i get my new car (hopefully soon), i will be upgrading the entire audio system in it. I have been a Pioneer guy all my life (vintage pioneer for home stereo, pioneer receiver for home surround) and want to continue with this. I love them.
    I just want to know if I'm making a good choice.
    I'm not an expert on car audio and don't know for sure if pioneer is great.
    If you can help me out, please let me know if they are worth putting in my car. My budget is probably $1000 if I include subs (they might come later). What can i get for that much?
    If there is a specific piece that i should pick up from a different brand just say so.
    Thanks

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

For the most part, most name brand electronics will serve you well, pioneer included. The important thing to remember is dont stick with one brand just cause you have been loyal to it for years..you can if you want and i am sure you would have good results, but look at features and price points for the various brands. As for speakers....I wish all speakers didnt have a name brand on them...they should ALL be in the demo board of the store hidden from veiw, yet easily listened to...Then let your own ears tell you what sounds the best..I have heard some high end speakers that I thought sounded horrible, and i have heard 70 dollar component sets that were were amazingly detailed and musical.

I would start simple and make it upgradable in the future. A set of compoenets up front, a single sub in the right box, and a 4 channel amp to run it all. with of course a head unit of your liking. this would be a system you could easily build upon down the road if you so choose.

3. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Yes I would be open minded to other brands as Viking said. My car audio system is all scrambled up. Amps-Blau, 2 Alpines. JVC head unit. Speakers-Clarion components in front, factory in rear for now, and Alpine sub. Clarion EQ and Soundstream BX-12 bass processor on the way.

And the home stereo. Cassette deck & turntable-Sony. Receiver-Harman Kardon. CD player-Onkyo. CD recorder-JVC. EQ-Optimus. Speakers-pair of RCA, pair of Pioneer, and Infinity powered sub. What a mixed up mess, but l like it. By not being brand specific, l was able to get EXACTLY what l wanted.

4. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

I'm in the Mix it up crowd as well.

No one manufacturer can make the BEST of everything. When TUBE televisions were in, I couldn't find a better picture than a Sony TRINITRON tv out there. Sony should have stayed focused on TV business. I don't think their Flatscreens live up to the hype(or price).

As for Sony's car audio? ........ I'll bite my tongue