Ces Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fugyaself, Jan 8, 2004.

1. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Posted on CAF as well but I figured I would post here for the non CAFers and for a less stuffed thread w/ more substance.

Day 1:

I went from around 2pm to 4:30pm. Not much time. I mostly wandered through the mobile entertainment section.

Checked out Pioneer's booth and saw nothing special. I was kind of disappointed. Was hoping for them to come out with something to bring them up the totem pole.

Cadence had some interesting subs. Instead of a dust cap they had a fixed vent. There was a spider attached to the cone there as well. This confused me becuase It seems that the rear wave would cancel with the front wave. The guys there were busy and my time was limited so I didnt get a chance to discuss it with them. THey called it an SPL venting system I believe.

Stopped by the ARC booth but saw no flat coned subs. Guess they may be waiting for a couple days to show it off.

Treo now makes amps. The guy said they were hoping for a february release. They also had a CSX Crazy sub on display. I cannot recall if it was a 12" or 15." Didnt really talk to the guy too much about it like I would have liked to. OF course its their new big SPL woofer. Said its only been ready for a couple weeks now. HUGE motor. Think how the 10" XXX looks and increase the proportions to that of a 12" or 15" sub(again I cannot remember which it was. Very huge like.

Unfortunately the Adire booth was in another building. Only took me like 20 minutes to figure that out. I will probably start their first tomorrow.

Right as I was about to leave I saw Chris E. (geolemon) I didnt get a chance to introduce myself because we were on our way out in somewhat of a hurry and you and your partnership were discussing something with someone from one of the booths. Hopefully I will bump into you on another day. Oddly enough your partner's was the first badge I happened to read. I just happened to notice Better Audio printed on it and then noticed you and your badge. You are a lot shorter than I expected

Overall it was a pleasant experience. To a point I wish I had more time but when we were leaving I was reasy to go. Dunno. Guess I just do not like all those people. It seems like there was more but I cannot remember. For those that are going share what you have seen. Also, if you have stuff I should check out please share.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

pics pics pics

if anyone has pics I will make a special CES section

3. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Pics will come later. I only took a single shot today. Forgot batteries. Its of the internals of a Boston amp.

Soem htings I remembered:

12" Solo X
    10" Solo X (I didnt even know about this)
    The new L7 has an ugly shiny chromish silver cone. I do not approve of the make over. The L5 remains black.

When walking by the JL booth I noticed some new entry/mid level subs w/ a silver cone. Didnt get any time in there. Just a quick walk by. Most of my news and pics will come on Saturday.

4. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Full Member

Can't wait to see the pics! Some interesting stuff being released this year :)

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

got a place to host them yet?

want a place to host them?

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

:lmfao:

you must've missed the threads with the pic of Chris and Dan (Wiggins) :p .

Dan absolutely dwarfs Chris (Dan is a stout young-un, about 6 feet 300#s) and they were standing near a huge progressive slot machine. Poor Chris caught some hell for that one :p

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Chris is going to shoot alot of pics too. He promised to load them all on a disc and send them to me. I think we'll have quite a few pics when he gets back.

I'm surprised Chris hasn't called me yet. From Sema he called me a few times. I guess he is a bit more busy at CES then he was at SEMA.

I hope you will be there next year too Fugyaself. I am going to be there for sure.

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Chris is going to shoot alot of pics too. He promised to load them all on a disc and send them to me. I think we'll have quite a few pics when he gets back.

I'm surprised Chris hasn't called me yet. From Sema he called me a few times. I guess he is a bit more busy at CES then he was at SEMA.

I hope you will be there next year too Fugyaself. I am going to be there for sure. [/b][/quote]
    Dont let him fool you

He probally one spent 2 hrs at CES then he went ot the Adult Show, that is why he did not call, his tounge is on the floor :p :p :p :p :lol: :lmfao:

9. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Oh I plan on going next year as well. I will be 21 then so I will be able to join in on the after hours festivities as well.

I will also have another year of reading about audio under my belt as well. Hopefully I can hang with some of you big wigs then :D

10. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

I figured this ought to be added.

http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/ces/

A few pics...this reminds me...for those of you who take pictures could you make captions of some sort so the rest of us know what is going on in each pic...thanks

11. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

cool link mustatang!

too bad there's no more pics of the XMX....
    really hard for me to tell what's what in that pic....
    what's the cone like?
    is there a panel within that 'basket'?

the xxx6.5 looks cool.... think it can do 1" p-p?

RE's 'entry comp' has a hugeassed phase plug.... looks funny

the LVS looks..... like overkill.... wonder how big that thing is

edit: ther'es another pic at the bottom of the link showing the xmx... that's the cone i see as a flat plate... aluminum?.... is that 'springs' connected to the VC as the suspension?

12. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

just some fyi from vegas...

alpine has made another great car... pics will be up soon
    alpine also has a touch screen and some new hu...one has those colorful displays.

man...there was so much... i cant think...lol

13. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

14. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Wonder how much those ZR comps will go for?

15. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

BTW, Alpine got their new stuff up also. They got a description of the new Alpine Mini Cooper with no roof and sealed doors. The seat comes out the back to load you into the vehicle.. :blink:

16. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

17. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Well someone finally showed pictures of the Parthanon. Here's the link.

Funny, but that suspension is kind of similar to the idea I gave to Geo for the suspension on his servo sub. That is if I understand how it works correctly.

See Geo, I told you springs would be fine to use in a suspension. :p

18. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

Darn I was hoping the entire suspension would be made of steal with ball bearings and stuff. To keep that sexy cool look going.

That thing is Gigantor and there is no surround :)

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Dont let him fool you

He probally one spent 2 hrs at CES then he went ot the Adult Show, that is why he did not call, his tounge is on the floor :p :p :p :p :lol: :lmfao: [/b][/quote]
    I said alot of pics, I didn't say what the subject matter was :p

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

[​IMG]

Is that a crack on the cone? I told you guys about those flat piston drivers :p