Ces Awards -- Are They Rigged? Or What

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Jan 12, 2004.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Why is it you never see small Companies honnord with Innvation Awards at CES????

Unless i missed it and they dont get the Press?????

For instance, DEI got a award for their Dual Gap motor, but what makes it better than Adire? Why did adire not get a award?

Who/how do they determine who gets those awards?

2. TalNLnky

TalNLnky Full Member

hehehe... DEI got an award for an idea they pretty much stole..... thats funny.

3. deyton

deyton Full Member

As adire and RE have 80+ mm one way beasts. lol.

4. ASM

ASM Full Member

The little guys don't have the money to "win" an award.

5. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

it has everything to do with the money....those things are bought...and i myself found it very ridiculous when i saw that the H2 won an award....at least DEI's design is impractical enough to ensure that it never goes beyond their subs

6. Tirefryr

Tirefryr Full Member

I would like to think that the lesser guys get the REAL awards, Happy,LOYAL Customers! I would love it for these guys to get awards, but I hate to see them go the way of the industry and get big and forget about the customer.

7. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

So when Orion's H3 comes out next year with curly springs, do you think they will win an award for their "new" suspension design? :rolleyes:

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

:lol: lol

At least Dan and co. aren't hurting for it.
    It sounds like they had several potential companies - even some big ones - interested in licensing the technology.

Remember, XBL^2 is not only less expensive to implement, but arguably works more efficiently (certainly assembles more efficiently), and it scales down to small sizes in ways that DEI's technology can't - and I'd suspect a much higher "price of admission" to becoming a licensee to DEI, than to Adire as well. B)

But I definitely agree, if it were truly a legitimate award (and I emphasize the "if"), it would have been nice to see Adire earn that one.
    It's too bad in that sense, because while many inside the industry realize the real integrity behind the award, customers don't... and no doubt it will be touted in magazines, and used to sell H2's... :rolleyes:

But hey, like I said... that helps DEI, but I honestly don't hurt Adire. ;)

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

XBL2 also offers better TR due to reduced coil size ;)