Cerwin Vega Stroker

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by squatchie, Apr 6, 2003.

1. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

What has happened to CV? You used to see them everywhere, now there isnt even a dealer within 100 miles of me (near KC).

I want to pick up a couple 18" Strokers and put them in my car, im curious to see just how loud they can get.

:ph34r:

2. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

When I started shopping for car audio for my new truck, CV's name was everywhere SPL was mentioned. It didn't matter what forum you visited. Never heard much about there SQ, but everyone said the SPL was insane. Maybe financial problems? For a while there, Best Buy had a large selection of entry level CV.

BTW, what city by KC do you live in? I lived in Lee's Summit for a year. Went to Lee's Summit High School for the second semester of sophomore year and first semester of junior year. I remember we were supposed to hate Blue Springs HS and Raytown South. I miss the humidity...I also lost something there... :D

3. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

I lived in Independence, but live out east a little more now. And i went to BSHS so i guess we must hate each other now.

I bought some CV Re30's at best buy about 8 years ago, been slammin ever since and want them in my car now. I went up to the best buy the other day and they didnt have any stuff at all by CV, they arent listed as been a retailer of them anymore.

:ph34r:

4. MJE

MJE Full Member

CV went Out of business in late august if my memory serves me correctly...not sure if they've been bought out, pretty sure they have tho (look for a sub that mimics the CV stroker) i believe its a visonik owned line now.

-MJE-

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

lol Rumors fly far dont that

CV is NOT owned by visionik

CV did get bought out, by a PRO AUDIO company, i dont remeber the name right now, started with a R though

I dont think this company has any intention on making any car audio products, so you have probally seen the last of CV in the car audio market

and trhe sub that looks like the Stroker is nothing like the stoker, but it is make by Planet Audio

6. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

:ph34r: I believe that to be the Stanton Group, of most notably the turn-table type. That kinda sucks