CD player broke

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

My CD player finally broke. Unfortunately it's not the only thing that's broke. I am as well. It lasted 5 years, which isn't bad. Unfortunately to use my processor, I have to get another Sony head unit. I plan on either getting the old school CDX-C910, or the CDX-C90. I'm more leaning toward the 90 since it's color scheme will work great in my install. But coming up with the money will be an issue.

I do have some old equipment I could possibly sell. I really don't want to let them go, but I do have my old a/d/s/ 3 series components. I have one a/d/s/ 12" 3 series sub that had one of the tinsel leads break on it, and I had to solder it. The other one has 3 broken leads. Dan noticed that it made a scraping sound when you push down on the cone. But I'm not sure if it's the coil or just tight tolerances. I also have a Soundstream Reference 500 amp. It works fine, except for one thing. I believe it is responsible for the broken tinsel leads on my a/d/s/ subs, as well as my old Brahma 10. After all, there should not be any way for it to move the Brahma in a .36 cubic foot box enough to break any tinsel leads. ;)

I also have an old Soundstream 5 channel chrome amp as well. I believe it is in perfect condition. And finally, I have 4 KLW audio processors. One is a 15 band EQ that doesn't work. But I believe I know what the problem is, since it happened before. I believe one of the torroids came unsoldered from the board. The other processors are all in perfect working condition and include the Cathedral delay processor, Windows center channel processor, and finally their version of the Epicenter.

Unfortunately most of the stuff would be hard to get rid of. That's probably why I still have them. I guess I have some decisions to make now.

Just had to rant.

2. Steven Kephart

Justin Weaver is a genius. I was talking to him on IM tonight, and he mentioned that I could always get a changer. I don't know why I didn't think of this. That means instead of coming up with $300-400 I probably only will need $40-50. That's much easier to come up with. :yes:

3. Justin W

Justin W Full Member

Ah gee you're just too kind... :blush:

Sometimes you just need someone on the outside looking in to come up with a good solution to your problems... but next time I'll have to start charging you... but the first one is on me!

;)

4. Steven Kephart

Dude, you sound like my drug dealer. :unsure:

Yeah. Sometimes the most obvious answers illude us.