Caraudiogiant

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by phinnies1, Jun 1, 2009.

1. phinnies1

phinnies1 New Member

***PLEASE BEWARE THIS COMPANY***

Hi all I am new here and usually I avoid complaints like the plague but in case anybody was thinking about using this company....

I purchased a JVC double DIN unit last week (jcv kw xg701). After careful consideration and much research I decided which unit and searched the market for the best deal. The unit is priced at around £144 most places but CAG did it for £139.99. Im always after a bargain and £5 is £5 so I bought and paid for it. I sent a mail asking fast delivery as I only had 9 days to get it into the car before embarking on a long car journey. They agreed I would have it by middle of this week.
    Tuesday I recieve a mail, informing me not only had they not sent the item but they had charged me incorrectly and now required another £19.99 before they would send the item!!

I informed them of the standard law that we had a binding contract (as I had paid for the item) and they give me some garbage about t's and c's on the site stating there was no binding contract in place until the item had been dispatched.

Utterly ridiculous that this company believe they can flout the law by adding some disclaimer to their site.

I wonder how many people have fallen for this obvious scam to induce orders. I imagine many people would just pay the difference, however the item is readily available for £144 so why should anybody pay this inflated price of £159.