Car Speakers

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by ajfootball61, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

I have a 2000 cadillac deville and i am putting a whole new system in it.

I am putting: 2 rockford fosgate 12" p3's
    Probox Turbo bass box
    Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT CD reciever

The only thing i am having trouble with is determining what amp to look at. how much wattage and a reliable brand.

I am also trying to find reliable door speakers to replace the old ones with as well.

The subs Impedance: 4-Ohm x 2
    Power Handling: 500 Watts RMS
    1000 Watts Max

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

instead of buying that probox turbo bass box, why not build your own?? it would sound a lot better and wouldnt be a p.o.s. lol.

also how much are you looking to spend on door speakers??

then whats your budget on your sub amp??

3. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

i was told that probox is actually a very decent box. and im looking to spend about 200 on all 4 speakers is that enough of am i cheating my self on a decent speaker and for the amp between 250 to 300

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i had a pro box kvo and it was pretty nice. i hit a 138 with 1 L5 10 once on 450 watts.

5. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

hmm, well if pedro says its good, then i trust him. but as for the amp in your price range, check out hifonics/power acoustik...even the audioque 1200d is 249, which will put out more than its rated. but if you want to keep the rockford theme going, i think the t1000bd is around 400-ish.

as for inside speakers, whats the speaker size in your car?? are you looking for a component set or what?

6. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

well im not sure of the speaker size is there a standard in every car and i would like all 4 speakers to be the same if thats what u mean by component set

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  7. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

for 2 subs do i need a 2 channel amp

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

crutchfield says you have 5 1/4" in front and back..and by component set, i mean a speaker/crossover/tweeter

and for two subs, you can use a monoblock.

9. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

so for the two subs with a mono block amp all u need to do is bridge them?

and for the component set well i know the cadillac has its own tweets on the front part of the roll cage by the windshield and i need all four speakers replaced but what does crossover mean?

10. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

11. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

so then would i need to sets of them because i am replacing all four door speakers?

12. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

yup, unless you want to get that for your component set and something else just for your rear fill in the back

13. ajfootball61

ajfootball61 Full Member

would it be worth it to buy a rockford fosgate amp to go with the theme or pick something just as good cheaper if there is anything?

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i say go with the best you can afford. be it the rockford or whatever.

15. mohsin

mohsin New Member

You should go for a probox it will sound better as it is made for that specific purpose. And there is no standard size for the speakers to be fitted in your car. However, if you want to check the compatibility of the speakers, amplifier and to have information about them as per your requirements you can visit consumerelectronicsdir.com if you want to. It would be of great help. But one thing i would suggest you, go for a probox its better than building one your self.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  16. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

someone earlier stated to look at power acoustik and i actually just upgraded my amp to a power acoustic ovn1 2000 mono block for my two subs. but that is not what you need since you need a two channel amp. mine were 8 ohm so i didnt. but i am very pleased with this amp. it outputs very nicely and is very smooth. i def have no complaints for the power acoustik brand.

17. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

And I completely disagree. While ProBox is a good choice for those that are not able to build their own box, a home built box, specifically designed for the woofer and car will easily out perform any prebuilt. Let me emphasis the word easily.