Car Security Systems Auto Alarms Remote Start

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, Apr 21, 2007.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey, is there any kind of locking mechanism for securing amps? I was thinking of maybe a steel bar that swings down on top of the amp across the trunk and maybe lock into place with a heavy duty lock and key? I guess i'll have to make my own but does anyone know of any ways or devices to lock this thing down to make it almost impossible to steal but still allow me to take it out if i need to change fuses.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

how about odd shaped screw heads.like square heads.or those allen heads with the pin in the middle.

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Ya, that's a good idea, maybe i'll use some torque screws, but i need more... lol
    I think i'm going to try and incorporate a steel bar that comes down on top of the amp and locks.

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

There must be some kind of heavy duty locking device like this that is for other purposes that i could use. Like trailer hitch locks or something, just guessing.

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I'd get the frame of the amp mig welded or something permanent but those fuses are inside the amp, so it will have to be able to come out again.

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha, how about 3 of these going across the top of the amp!!

Attached Files:

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

or...these

Attached Files:

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

There, try and get it now LOL, don't think they will work that hard or take that much time to get it.

Attached Files:

9. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

If ya dont want your amp stolen, the first rule is DONT ADVERTISE!!!!!

In all reality....if some dicksmack wants it, he is gunna get it...

10. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ya, i know but if it takes them 20 minutes or so that's more chance of me catching the pricks with a nice surprise.

11. TheViking

Steel plate, bolts, locktight (the blue stuff), and some expanded steel mesh over it for a cage!!!

And get a welder!!!

(a nice surpise???Canaduh dont allow guns up there, cause guns kill people...)

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I would love to... but the fuses

ya we are not allowed guns so we just use clubs and big rocks lol...

13. TheViking

Just use your plasma cutter or cutting torch to make a nice hole in the steel plate, keep the back of the amp open....(leave the rear aluminum panel off of the amp)

14. TheViking

BTW, tell everyone in Toronto I said hi....

And that ALL french canadians can choke on horse genitals......

Except for you, if you are french, cause you bought a kick ass amp!!! LOL!!!

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha, i was just thinking something like that. ya the bottom cover isn't any structural thing in this amp. Ok cool thanks this will work!

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, i don't think there is any french in toronto they all stay in quebec, but lots of everything else lol. Did you used to live here?

17. TheViking

i alwys took the bottom off of them....alot of times, drilled it out with a hole saw and place a 6 inch fan on them to cool the board directly...

But no, they serve no purpose other than to keep shyte out of them.....

18. TheViking

Never even been to canada....Hell they wouldnt let me in....gun shy asswipers!!!

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, have to keep the riff raff out. We have enough crazies already.

20. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

i wouldnt make it within a mile of the bored to canada lol its only like a 4 hours drive from myhouse lol, but y dont u just but some 1/8 in steel and make a box that will fit over the amp and make the top part on hinges and then weld the other part down and then weld on those hinged metal lock things they use to put padlocks on boxes and then padlock the crap out of it u could even use like 10 padlocks that will take them forever lol

and the talk of banned guns reminded me of a bumper sticker i saw the other day and it fits me perfectly lol

"If guns are outlawed, Can we use swords?" and it had a shotgun with the ban circe around it and then it had 2 swords Crossed lol it was awsome like reall awsome :D:D:D speaking of swords im gona go sharpen my collection so cyall lata