Car Audio Help for Newbies

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by KGH667, Dec 26, 2011.

1. KGH667

KGH667 Member

Hello, I've been wanting to add 2 12" subwoofers into my Subaru Forester, along with a pair of tweeters. First off, I'd like to make it obvious I'm new to car audio, and would need things dumbed down. Currently, I'm looking at http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39826_600W-Kicker-Autotek-Bass-Package.html for ease. I would like to know if the amp is good for the subwoofers, and if not, what I should look into. Basically, these caught my eye because they are kickers, and cheap with an amp and enclosure. Also, I'd like to know if this includes everything I need to install it. I see wires, subwoofers, an enclosure, and an amp, so I figure it has most if it. I would like a quality system for cheap. Secondly, tweeters. If someone could explain the difference between the designs, and the easiest ways to mount them, I'd appreciate it. Also, what is a nice bang for your buck tweeters package? Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. KGH667

KGH667 Member

I should have done my research before this post, but, I did it after. I learned a bit from reading different things about wiring (which I felt is where I had all the problems). I'm not going to buy a package, because the packages no longer have what I want. I do want to install 2 subwoofers, and upgrade the power going to my 4 door speakers. So I need a 5-channel amp like this Boss CE2505. So with that, my question is, I can wire to my dual subwoofers, and threw my 4 door speakers, and just disconnect the power from my head unit, leave it all up to the amp, but keep the audio from the head unit, correct? Also, if I was still interested in putting tweeters in, I can just connect the tweeters to the head unit?

3. KGH667

KGH667 Member

Ok, so I should have done my research before this, but I did it afterwards. My problem is with wiring, I have found what speakers I want. First off, the power from my stock head unit is not doing enough for the currently installed speakers, so I want to disconnect the power from the head unit, and put all the power to a 5-channel amp, that will power the 2 12'' subs that I will get, and the 4 door speakers. Is this possible, or can I only use one 12" sub or 15" sub if I wanted to do that. The amp I have in mind is Boss CE2505. I figure it's possible to disconnect all the power from the head unit, but not the audio. Secondly, even if I did all that, will I still beable to connect tweeters to the head unit, or would that not work without power going to the 4 door speakers? Lastly, I still need help explaining the differences between tweeter designs, and mounting options.