Cancellation Question.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DerrikW, Jun 9, 2004.

1. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

I'm thinking about removing my back seat,(since no one sits back there anyways), and Making an enclosure for my L7 to fire forward. Part of the box would be in the trunk and the rest of it would be where the back seat used to be. I will be putting mdf over the deck lid and sealing it up real good so no sound waves can get back into the trunk. It would be a set up kinda like delvryboys, only the front of my enclosure will be anywhere from 16-24" farther forward than his, just a rough guess though.

The box of course won't be as wide as the car or anything but I will be making the front baffle as wide as the car and angling up towards the deck lid, with the decklid completely sealed. I won't have to worry about reflections coming out of the trunk, cuz there won't be anyway, but what about off of the rear window? Has anybody ever tried anything like that? I don't wanna get it all built and installed only to find out I cancellation coming out the wazoo. From what I figured the sub will be approx. 12 in front of the very front of the decklid. Any thoughts? Thanks guys!!

Oh yeah, it's a 96 buick regal. And the enclosure will be roughly 5.5 cubes net. If I put the whole thing in the trunk, I don't have room for my amp rack, if I can get the whole thing in the trunk. That's why I thought of this.