can i get some help

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by denmase, Jun 14, 2006.

1. denmase

denmase Full Member

I just bought one Audiobahn AWIS12P 12" Quad Voicecoil Competition Immortal Series Subwoofer. I do not know what amp i need to put on this sub. Any suggestions that are under 300 bucks would be helpful. I am probably going to get another sub when i get more money. So if i got a more powerful amp that i could use when i get the other one would help. Please give me suggestions. This is all goin in a four door 99 tahoe that i want to be heard from a mile away!

2. sinistercory

sinistercory Full Member

yikes, audiobahn.
    I have a new USAMP AX4300 that lists for $780.00 that I can sell for $450.00. More than you probably want to spend, but a hell of a deal any way you look at it.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Denmase...just to give you a forwarning, most of us here dont like Audiobahn cuz they are crap.

Big amp for a recommended 20000000watt rms subwoofer for 300 bucks is kinda a hard find.

I was just wondering...what lead you to buy that audiobahn sub? I think everyone just loves the flame baskets and the overrated power handling and the crappy bass.

4. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

I think jbl gto series is about the cheapest "good quality" amp that you'll be able to find. Under 300 easily for a 1101.1

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Wheelie...would that amp power two of those audiobahns?? (I know i shouldn't even have to ask cuz i mean audiobahn vs. jbl)

6. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

In my opinion, yes.. at about 600 real watts rms to each would sound great without the threat of nuking the subs, you can get bigger amps (which will cost more), but then you have to be careful not to make them smell like sonys (the colnel's recipe):D

7. denmase

denmase Full Member

where can i find that amp

8. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

How bout the Hifonics BXI 1606D. wire it in a 1 ohm load and watch the smoke from the sub. You can find it for around 380 online

9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Here is what you do with a competition sub. You take each vioce coil and feed it everything you think it can handle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In my case, each 18-inch Planet Audio FU-18 18-inch sub has 2 1-ohm coils and each coil is fed 2250-watts from a Planet Audio Class D Amp. Its a competition sub made for COMPETITION.

Beat it to death and have fun doing it

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Damn is that a Sparco racing seat? lol

11. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Almost, The seat is quick release so that I can crawl into the port, get behind the speaker and make sure the nuts and bolts have not worked loose.

I also take the radio with me so that none of the clowns I work with turn the thing on while I'm in the box.

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Damn Ranger...You keep it real...real Real.