Can anyone help

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Angels99, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Angels99

Angels99 New Member

im gettin my first car later this month and i want it to be one of the tightest cars around here so ive been planning a nice system. the only problem is i dont know like technical things n every little necessary component. So ive compiled a list of every thing im getting. can anyone like look thru it and tell me if theres anything i dont need or if any 2 things cant work together or if theres anything ive left out, please let me know.

Heres the list:
    Six 12 inch Sony XS-L1290P5 Subwoofers
    Three Sony XM-D1000P5Subwoofer Amps
    Four Sony XS-HD690G 6x9s
    1enwood KFC-T204 Dome Tweeter
    Sony CDX-MP70 Headunit
    Sony CDX-757MX 10 Disk Changer
    Sony XM-460GTX Multi Channel Amp
    Yellow Top Battery
    Battery Isolator
    Bettery Stiffiner
    Equalizer - Pheonix Gold Tantrum BASSCUBE
    Crossover Phoenix Gold Tantrum X406
    Line Driver Phoenix Gold Tantrum TLD22
    DVD Player Blaupunkt DVD ME11
    Four 6 Inch TVS Legacy LSC HR6
    Playstation 2
    VCR

is there anything else i need?

also for my speaker box, i was planning on gettin 3 boxes laid in the back of my truck (Ford Explorer) in a sort of n shape, each with its own amp. the battery and stiffiner are gonning to be in the middle along with the vcr and 10 disk changer. the multi channel amp, crossover, equalizer, line boost, etc are going to be mounted on the back of the rear seat. The DVD Players going to be under the drivers seat, and the playstation in the golve box.
    the TVs are going to be in the headrests and visors.

will this setup work? let me know. thanks.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

dont buy sony

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Yeah, stay away from sony. I would suggest JL Audio for the speakers and amps if you can afford it. An Alpine or Pioneer head unit is allways nice. And dont forget about all the wiring your going to need. probably 0ga wire (maybe more not shure) two or three sets of rca's depending upon your head unit and the remote wire.

More importantly what is your budget? What are you going for Sound Quality or just all out loud as F!#k?

4. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

If you're going to put the subs in the bed of the truck, you'll have to do a cut through into the cabin too...be prepared to dish out the cash for that unless you plan on taking that on yourself.

I'd also stay away from Sony, but JL is also rather expensive. It'd depend on whether or not you're brand conscious or not as to what i'd suggest...

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yep.

Chris, an Exploder is an SUV ;)

6. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

Problem with JL is they dont make headunits...if you want your system to be all the same, your pretty limited. Sometimes its not the sound of the car (truck, whatever) but how it looks. All matching equipment does have its cosmetic appeals. That said, I wouldnt buy sony car audio either.

:ph34r:

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yep.

Chris, an Exploder is an SUV ;)[/b][/quote]
    Hrm?

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

exploder lol,

Hey seth find me a Old K5 blazer some where Cheap :D

anyway

I say give me a Money Number, and what you want, and let me work my MAGIC :p

I bet I can give you more Sound, Better Sound Quaitly for less than your 6 Sony subs, and you will not need 6 subs

9. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

Wow someone likes sony :D , like everyone else said I'd stay away from sony you can do much better for the money.

LMAO

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

hmm They call explorers "exploders" because the engine just all of a sudden blows up right?

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no seth is just jelous that Ford are better than GM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I just wanna know why Seth called me out? :p

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

what the hell is this

[​IMG]

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Not calling you out, he said Explorer and you said he needed a blow through

I just figured I'd point out he said he had an Explorer...

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

damn, I just did a price check on the audio compontes (not the battery or vidoe realted stuff) and I am up to $2800 from Sound Domain

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I can get you ALOT more bass for the same money than that sony crap, and do it with 1/2 the subs

shoot me a PM,.

16. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Not calling you out, he said Explorer and you said he needed a blow through

I just figured I'd point out he said he had an Explorer...[/b][/quote]
    OOO i am illiterate.