Buying my first pair of subs....suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by infowarrior45, Aug 1, 2011.

1. infowarrior45

infowarrior45 New Member

Hello!

I have decided to make the jump in to the world of car audio with my first purchase of subs and an amp.

I am looking for something with a nice big punch, but I don't need something that's gonna carry 10 blocks away. I have a '98 Jeep Sport Cherokee that these subs will be going in. My max budget for subs, box, and amp is about $450.

I would appreciate any suggestions on where to start. For instance, new or used? Best brand names, is it better to buy subs and amp separately, etc.

I had checked these ads out on craigslist cuz my friend said they were a good deal, but I have been told by others not to go with Kicker, especially their amps?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/2482136339.html

Thanks!

2. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

i take it ur from minneapolis... im like 3 and a half hours south of u.. and i have a couple systems that are used for sale.. or i have lots of brand new stuff.. but if u want the boxes with the used systems u would have to come pick them up.. let me know what u think or if u want me to get u new stuff.