Brahma 15 Box Design

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by objext, Aug 8, 2004.

1. objext

objext Full Member

First off, I guess I'm more interested in SPL than SQ :blush:. Secondly, I'd rather build a sealed box because it's easier and takes up less space. However, I would consider ported if the gains are worth it.

Some rough measurements for the biggest box I'd be willing to put in my car gives me about 3.5cf net before any port(s) displacement. The size I'd like would be more around 2.88cf net.

This would be on the low side for adire's suggested SQ ported enclosure and on the high side for either SQ or SPL sealed enclosures, and quite a bit lower than the SPL ported size.

My questions mainly are:

How noticable is the SPL difference likely to be between the recommended sealed SQ (2.5cf) and SPL (1.75cf) enclosures and similarly between either sealed enclosure and the ported SQ (3cf) enclosure? I really don't think I'd be able to go with the recommended SPL ported enclosure at 4cf net.

Where would 2.88cf put me? I can certainly make this smaller (my outside width is at 32 inches right now).

I won't be throwing a lot of power at it either unless I get a new amp, so I probably shouldn't put it in a tiny enclosure, right?

:bye:

2. objext

objext Full Member

anyone? I need to start building :D

3. objext

objext Full Member

oh, and if I go ported I'd like to build a rectangular port. How would I configure a rectangular port to make up for dual 4” dia x 24” long ports?

Doesn't this forum allow editing of messages?