Brahma 12, ported

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Oct 9, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well guys, I am getting a new table saw soon and I will begin a venture. Porting the Brahma. I am thinking of tuning VERY low, 20-24 Hz and I am just wondering what suggestions you may have when doing this. Any reccomendations would be appreciated, whether from yourself, of someone you may know of who has assembled a pure SQ poted box for this beast, or any others really. I want to see if it will, as Geo said about the 10W7 ported... "defy the laws of physics"...

2. PointSource

PointSource Guest

the brahma is "a" reference driver as you know seth.........as you have read on the forums, people are having great results with sq oriented ported applications with the brahma...........if you have the ability to properly design and build it, it will sound remarkable......and i think you know this...........

i have no idea of what size the brahma wants for ported applications, so I can't contribute in that aspect.........but its pretty simple, as you know.........

3. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

Hey Seth waht ever happened to that spl project you were working on for your brahma? :dunno:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

why.......do......you......add.....periods......to.....your.....posts?

:D

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I have been so busy over the last few months I have had almost NO time to myself :angry: . Between getting the house, and moving/packing, and trying to help so many others online (you wouldn't believe the # of PMs I get regaurding the Brahmas and Shivas, I think Dan should put me on the payroll :p ) etc, etc. I have just not had time to take for myself. This weekend I have 2-4 installs to do, depending on how far I get with each one, so it is out as well. When I have some more time I will get to the project, but in the near future it will not happen.

6. How about 1.95 cubes tuned to around 24
    with a wrap around slot port
    do something like 13*13*20 internal for airspace with 13 * 2 inch port that starts 3 inches from the front botom of the box and wraps all the way around the box to the top giving about a 56 inch long port.
    I dont think that will effect the port becaause it is all bent up, but I could be wrong. You would also still need a subsonic because of the power you have.

Last edited by fetid fop's feces at Oct 10 2002, 11:25 AM

7. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

A subsonic filter? Tuned to 24hz?

Maybe if you drive around playing 18hz test tones....

How often does music actualy dip down blow 24hz??

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'm thinking 2 feet tuned to 24Hz...

I have one (Z7000s have a built in subsonic), but like Abra said, music almost never goes below 24Hz. I will have it in place for protection though.

9. It will prob be ok without the subsonic, since music doesn't go that low normally, but the brahma will (try to) move more than 60mm at 20 hertz with 1500 watts in that box, so I would rather be safe than sorry.

Sorrry I meant 1.95 feet for the box, typo ..

Last edited by fetid fop's feces at Oct 10 2002, 11:25 AM