BRAHMA 12 MKII, On it's way!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Sep 25, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Shipping maybe?

ready to be released?

No way!!!

Well, on Sept 30th I will have some new pics and a quick review of the new Vs. the old...

The assault is about to begin *Insert Sine bomb here*

I have not been this excited about the shipment of a new sub for about 2 years now, when I recieved my first Brahma. Adire has ruined me for any other company... and for some reason, I suspect I will be ruined even more-so on Sept 30th :love:

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I think I am about ready to order some

I just have to wait and see If I will need a Downpayment on a truck or not, damn banks

3. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Hehe. People don't understand why I am so bias toward them. But I'm guessing you understand then. Good product, good company.

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Good is the understatement of the decade my friend. Anyone who knows me, on the forums and personally, will tell you I am rabid about Adire... All hail Adire

**contemplates the formation of an Adire cult... the Brahma bull in place of the golden calf <_< **

5. Steven Kephart

Good point. So here are some synonyms, but I can't figure out which one would be best:

breath-taking astonishing magnificent

I guess magnificent is probably the best one.

<!--QuoteBegin-sandt38
    @Sep 26 2003, 02:42 AM

**contemplates the formation of an Adire cult... the Brahma bull in place of the golden calf <_< **
    [/quote]

My favorite band, Tourniquet, has the perfect song for that. It's called "Melting the Golden Calf". It's a very awesome song with guitarres done none other than Marty Friedman previously of Megadeath.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

LOL!!! :lmfao:

7. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Thats good news seth. i'm interested to see that thing. If all goes well, i'll have that much needed "man's sub" you've been picking on me about not having.. hehe You'll be the first to know.. Well, actually the third, but who cares heh?

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It's about time man!!! Finally a man's sub. Right when I am about to have a Brahma 10 fall into my lap too (audition time maybe?). Darn it, oh well, you will have to settle for second best.

9. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I think a brahma 10 might be a good sub to audition beside the sub he's getting....

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I agree Chris. I am interested in that comparison. With his K coming back soon, I am hoping to get the whole lot together for some head to head work too. I'd like to build a switchable baffel for my ported box too. I am interested to compare the 12K, Shiva, 10W7, and Brahma 12 all in that box. Maybe a Brahma 10 as well.

11. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Which box is this? A box for the B10 won't be nearly large enough for the 10w7... A box for the Shiva *might* be large enough....but you've really gotta give it room to breathe for it to show off. I'm sure you were aware of that though :).

BTW, you should have seen Courtney's face when he opened that box today...looked like a 5 yr old at christmas.:D

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No, we're gonna build the sealed enclosure for the W7 next weekend. I am planning on building the baffel to use on my ported B12 box (23.5Hz in 1.9 feet).

The B10 will get a quick .3 cu ft rectangle, intervted. It will be simple, and just quick for comparison's sake.

Hehehehe, he called me as he was coming through Winston yesterday, said he had something to show me right away :lol: . I told him to chill, I'll see it (I know that for a fact, I am going to have to build the box for it :p ). Besides, now we need to get some power for that little sub. I think we will do some comparisons in my trunk with mt Z7000HC, but right now I am looking into some Kicker power for it...

13. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yea, i told him to check into the amp that you've got. There's also a guy i know on a forum selling an Orion XTR 900 for 225 shipped (900x1 @ 4 ohms). I don't know that he'll find a better deal for that much power....

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

***UPDATE***

MKII has arrived!!!

Boy, there are alot physical of changes. Tinsels, the spider, the surround, the terminals (the sub even comes with it's own allen key), the basket, the dustcap even looks bigger. The glue looks to be of a differant compound too. Obviously the motor appears differant as well, tapered backplate, the topplate looks like it may be a bit bigger too. Plus, I like the dull gunmetal finish of the new motor better then the high gloss of the old motor. I am thinking of doing a more subdued install... All black, maybe some blue neon... but more inconspicuous then the gray rug in there now. Like all you will see are the amps, and subs basket... they will stand out heavily with black... should be cool.

Pics will be up later tonight. I promised Chris (Geo) a few pics of the new low roll surround too. By all appearances there is alot more room for rearward excursion and more room for those tinsels to travel (re: less slap and rattle). Anyways, I will run a big series of pics and post them tonight and/or tomorrow... depending on the time I have.

15. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Nice friggin woofer man! I got pics, but unfortunately my cable to upload pics doesn't work. So, you gotta wait on seth.. Its definately a lot sexier than the brahma of old.. :love:

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I got a few here. I hosted a couple on S-F so I could drop them here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A couple pics

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    comparing profiles

[​IMG]
    My poor Bar is about to break B)
    I will put some up on Yahoo in a bit. I got about 20 pics, comprehensive pics too. Spiders, tinsels and other closeups too. I gotta help my son with his homework right now, so give me a couple hours.

17. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

cools!

i wonder what would happen if adire focussed only on car audio... :D

18. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I just got up my good pics. Lots of good close-ups of the updates. Drop by and feel free to ask any questions. I am going to put this bad boy in the car right now, so gimme a few minutes...

19. Steven Kephart

According to Chris at Adire, you don't have that new sub. Sounds like you got lucky. He said that they get their new subs in at the end of the week, which they will ship me the new 10. Once I get it, I will send Seth my old one to play with for a while.

BTW, my 10 isn't too much different. It has the new style terminals complete with nice, shiny allen wrenches that is a pain to use on the 10 due to the magnet being so close. It also has the thicker tinsel leads, more linear looking spider that provides surprisingly a more linear Kms curve, and the newer surround I believe. But it doesn't have the new basket, backplate, and dust cap.

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

hehehe. It pays to know people in high places. My understaning is that my driver is pre-production.

All I can say is that right now, this SOB is loud!!! I suspect when the suspension breaks in and the FS falls some it will be more like the old Brahma, but right now it is just plain MEAN!!! :blowup: