Box Building Help...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PolkMM, Aug 8, 2004.

1. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

im designing a box for a single 12" brahma...problem being I have a GMC truck, so I have to put it under the seat...my last box was built for me so I'm having to take measurements and do everything from scratch
    this is a link to where you can see my current box
    and heres a pic of some external dimensions i took...not extremely accurate i might add
    [​IMG]
    theres really only one thing i have to worry about which is where the sub is mounted
    heres a pic of dimensions i took
    bad thing is...I'm not great with numbers...and those are all external dimensions EXCEPT the 12.5" slant where the sub will be mounted
    i will be using 3/4" wood
    [​IMG]
    its not drawn to proportions either
    my question is...with the angle on the top, will the basket clear?
    at the back of the pic where its cut off, it goes almost straight back...so its just that one part where i need help on
    the reason its like this because at the 10" mark, there is a rail in the seat...so i cant go up any higher at that point...the only thing i can do is move out more which i will do if necessary...but im trying to squeeze more room than my previous box to have more space to put stuff and more room for passengers...
    at this point...im thinking its not going to work...but hopefully someone can tell me im wrong...lol
    thanks for any help you can provide
    -Cody

2. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

by the way...the dimension covered up by the sounddomain logo is 1.25"
    -Cody