Box Bracing...Help!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by AbRaKaDaVa, Oct 6, 2002.

1. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Okay, I'm going to be making my trio box for the Ek12's common chamber to save space...seeing as how there will be no spacers in it...what is the most effective way to brace an enclosure without taking up a whole hell of alot of airspace?

Suggestions would be much appriciated :)

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Threaded rod. It's ugly as hell but quite effective.

3. Griff

Griff Guest

Make the chambers seperate by using a sheet of MDF, it will take up hardly any space and it will sound better, also doubles as bracing.

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Yeah, then if something goes wrong and one blows then you can at least have the others running in their seperate boxes.

5. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

yes... just put MDF seperators between each sub, making them seperate chamber. Then you are killing two birds with one stone... seperating, and bracing. No matter what your gonna have to take up space for bracing anyways, why not have the braces serve a dual purpose?

6. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Hmm...I'll think about it...

I do know the advantages and disadvantages of common chamber vs seperate...and one of them is not sound quality for the record....

I'll work out how much airspace I'll have to compensate for 2 deviders and then decide if I can fit it in there :)