Bose Problems

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by dmac1324, Jul 9, 2010.

1. dmac1324

dmac1324 New Member

Hi there guys, I am new around here and I have a few questions about my sound system in my truck. I recently bought a 2007 chevy silverado, and it has the bose sound system.

Its not bad, but when I use my ipod and turn it up a little loud, the sound quality really isnt there. Is there something I can adjust on either the bose system or my ipod that will improve the overall sound?

Thanks guys,

Daniel

2. dmac1324

dmac1324 New Member

Well turns out one of the rear speakers was blown so that explains the lack of sound quality. I just bought the truck so I dont think I blew the speakers. But do Bose speakers have a history of blowing easily?

Id love a response,

Dan

3. chevan98

chevan98 Full Member

I personally don't own a ipod but from my understanding a ipod isnt about sound quality. The more songs you have on the ipod the less the quality. The tracks are compressed to fit all of the tracks. The less amount of tracks you have on your ipod the better it will sound. Try deleting some tracks or upgrading.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

It is impossible to tell the difference between a properly encoded MP3 and the original music.There are a lot of people that say the can, they are lying, they can't.

Bose is OK, but its still not as good as most aftermarket speakers. Replace those and then check your iPod.

Make sure you MP3's are encoded properly. I use LAME 3.98.4. Also are you using an iPod interface or AUX IN. AUX IN sound quality wound not be that good, but it still should be OK

5. dmac1324

dmac1324 New Member

Alright, I will look into the MP3 encoding. And not quite sure what you mean by ipod interface? Can you explain this a little more, I currently use direct AUX IN chord.

Also, is it possible to blow only one speaker?

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

An interface allows you to control the iPod through the radio. It also takes the audio signal from the iPod 30 pin connector. The audio signal from here is much cleaner than from the headphone (earbud) jack.

Yes it is possible to blow one speaker and I don't think your iPod did it.

How are you making your MP3s?

7. dmac1324

dmac1324 New Member

I am just importing to itunes and throwing them on ipod. Should i be doing something else?

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

iTune should be doing a good job, make sure your bitrate is 192 or better. I only use iTunes to load my iPod, I don't use it to make my MP3s, so I don't know about its settings.

Get your broke speaker fixed, lets see how it sounds and we will go from there.