beta testers needed

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Sep 17, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well if you want to advance this community, now is your chance

As most of you know, this site is under constant construction, however, right now I am taking a new approach to how I do this sites development,

Since it is my main site now, things are going to be done, Faster, and more professionally than in the past

So now i need to put together a Offical Team of Beta Testers

I have a Whole Deleopment site in progress, plus I have a online task list and tracking system, and soon a Bug Tracking System will be inplace

What I need is about 5 People, to activly reveiw differant sections, that I assign them, to make sure they are fully functional and work with out bugs

Right now you will have Access to the Development Site, The Groupware project Tracker, and the Bug Tracker...

Once the New Car Audio Talk site is released, I am aiming for a late Novmber, early Dec. Date, you will be in a speical Member Catagory, with access to Beta Tester Only Forums, and other things i am Keeping Secret right now :lmfao:

Moderators Need not Apply, I am hoping you, the mods, will assist me in addition to the 5 Beta Testers I Select

If Interested, please Reply here

Please understand this is not a "fluff" job, only apply if yoru serious and commit a few hours a week to testing, it will not be time intensive but i dont want someone getting a tester position and then not ever testing anything :angry:

Should be Good for everyone, and you will get a seek peak at what is to come on this site...

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

come on, does no one care about the site? what happen

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I can do it, but it's not like i can allot 3 hours at a certain time every week to do it. I'm on the computer enough to where i could get everything checked out with relative ease though. Lemme know man :).

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

All I need is for a Few People to Spend some time Testing the Features of the Site as I get them done, you know Test Submitting Reviews Tutorials, Posts, Imgaes, etc

make surer there are no bugs in the system that way when I go live with it, I have no issues

3-4 hours a month should be more than plently I think

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I can handle that i believe :).

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

You know I am here. But I am a mod so I need not apply.

7. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

Mike I'd be more than happy to volunteer. I need something productive to do (other than chemistry and alg 3 homework).

And Seth, as a mod, I'm sure you can talk michael into adding me to the future group of five B)

Jeff

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Look Under you names ;)

and you should notice a new forum, magically appeared on the front page :lol:

9. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

What the hell. I'll beta test! :)

10. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I can be one too!

Join the family...

11. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I see I see! :D

12. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

freakin tight :D

Jeff

13. Boardin087

Boardin087 New Member

hey its me from CAF, imma start posting here and ill gladly help out!!!!

14. trifle

trifle Full Member

i was scared to sign up cuz i can't use the internet every day....

i figured it'd be just something simple like testing features but was afraid you might have some myriad of instructions and i wouldn't be able to fulfill them perfectly in one sitting

with all of that aside, i'd be honored to help

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I need all of you that I have selected as Beta Testers to PM me the following information, and Trifle you send it to

Real Name
    Email Address where you want Test Requests sent to

I will then set you up with a account at my client system ( www.xtreme-web-design.com/clients/) where you can log on, and see what I have asked you to test, and the overall progess of the stuff I am working on (only the Car Audio Talk site though :p )

Thanks for you help

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ohh and seth if you ever need something done to the site, you can reqest it via that site too ;) :D

18. beaux2

beaux2 Full Member

I WOULD love to help but with the crap i'm into now...i might be spending most of my free time sitting in a jail cell....
    Mike...are you still dealing in car audio?.....I really need to get back into the swing of things

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

go to www.shop4sound.com and what do you see :D

not going to get back in to selling in the foreseeable future, I can not say I will never try it out again, but it is no where in my plans for at-least the next few YEARS (read 5+)

20. trifle

trifle Full Member

are we supposed to have already gotten an e-mail concerning the testing?