Baffleboard screw holes worn out

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Fbmowner, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

Ill be taking my woofers out of the box again and i know the holes on the board are in pretty bad shape. I use to flood the screw holes with a type of filler or glue but is there something i can do just for this kind of situation that isnt as messy?

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

turn the sub a little?

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

drill out the holes to the proper size and use "T" nuts and bolts....will be able to install and remove them countless times!

4. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

Sweet, thanks. Yeah i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to wood working and simple things like that.. Give me 20000 wires and i can deal with it. Give me some 2x4's and i am as lost as a needle in a haystack.

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

i had no idea lowes carried them. I knew they had a hardware section with alot of "stuff", but never knew they were that complete in there inventory......outstanding

7. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

Just picked up a bunch at Home Depot for the same price , thatll keep me busy tomorrow =D

8. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

I love those T nuts!

I just used some in the legs of a butcher block table I picked up at a yard sale so I could use bolts instead of screws to better support the weight of a hardwood top.