audiobahn VS xtant

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Audio Nut, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Audio Nut

Audio Nut Full Member

right now ive got 2 audiobahn 1200eu's in a 2 cube dual chamber box...im thinking about changing the configuration to 3 10 inch or 3 12 inch xtant x 124(single voice coil)

either way the final impendance is going to be 1 ohm because my audiobahn pushes out 1300 watts...i figure it may be just a tad underpowered...but it should get loud as hell...

even if i keep the audiobahns im going to have someone do me a custom install...i want something that looks different...

so with that said...can someone tell me what the differences would be

the xtants hold 500 rms a piece...

where as the audiobahns hold 700 a piece...

the xtants can take 1500 rms

where as the audiobahns can take 1400 rms...

and which ones can hit lower?

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Xtant's reputation is much better than that of Audiobahn's. However, this is mainly b/c of their amps, I haven't heard much from their subs. The high end ones (shaped like a hexagon) are supposed to be nice, the others i've heard are so-so.

3. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

any specs on the xtant??

4. bmas1

bmas1 Full Member

Yeh, finally someone interested in Xtnat subs and not just their amps. You have to be very careful with these subs. They say 500 watts RMS but its not quiet that high. They will pound with that much power but the center peice will come unglued and start to vibrate and make noises. Also they have had a couple different probs with the tinsels, used to have tinsel slap but they fixed that with some foam, now they seem to break fairly easily with extended play, I don't know if they were to short or couldn't stand the heat or what but my new ones seem to be holding up. You have to build the boxes just right for these bad boys. Xtant has a great site for this stuff. Regal they have all the specs you could want too. www.xtant.com