Anyone own the Kenwood KDC-2165 HU?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ImMersion, Oct 2, 2002.

1. ImMersion

ImMersion Guest

Ive got a chance to get a Kenwood KDC-2165 for dirt cheap from a place close to where I live. I think it is a generation old from what is being offered from places like good guys and circuit city right now.
    I need to know the good/bad's about this unit. Trust me if I had more cash I would not even consider this and go straigt for the expensive units, but this seems like a really good deal now.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Not sure on the Kenwoods, sorry. I might suggest you look at www.shop4sound.com . Michael owns this forum and most here have bought equipment from him. I'm sure he can get you into a nicer unit for the same price.

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I have the Kenwood MP919. Nice unit. Try searching on google with the model number. It should bring up a good amount of reviews and places selling it.

4. ImMersion

ImMersion Guest

Nope tried that. Brings up lots of spanish pages and lots of places selling it but not one review. Oh and the price I can get it for is about $50 plus tax. Doubt shop4sound will have anyting in that price.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

JEEZ!!! That's better than my wholesaler sells the refurb units for!!! I suggest you jump on it.