Anyone here into competition systems

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by morespl, Jan 11, 2011.

1. morespl

morespl Full Member

I seen alot of people talking about like sound quality stuff but I was just wondering if any here runs like 150 db plus vehicles?

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I'm hoping for mid to high 140s out of my car. Working on it now.

Kenwood KVT-512
    Polk C300.2 (front stage)
    4 Cascade mids
    2 Selenium Horn tweets
    4 runs of 1/0
    big 3 in 2/0
    3 extra batteries
    Diablo Audio Technologies HF2500.1
    Custom Shocker Sig 15"

Im hoping it'll be loud, and if it aint, I will be adding the same sub and amp.

3. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Yea i do. I love competing. My last setup with 12 8s did 151.5 on music at 36hz. :)

4. morespl

morespl Full Member

it won't let me updated personal profile but

Or I would have my system details but I can't wait till they start running shows again I'll be getting my 2010 t3 tsns 15 in a week or so I'm trying to get 150 out of the trunk of a 03 impala and do 149.9 bass races. Its gonna be hard to run in db drags because to many people in my class should be in a higher class on db drag my system is geared for daily. I run in ss1

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

altho i don't have a huge system i used to compete in the 29.9 class a lot. ive been to SBN twice and have attended more than 50ish shows since 06. all in florida.

where are you from?

6. morespl

morespl Full Member

Illinois

I'm trying to do 150dbs out the trunk and on one fifteen But when it comes to dbdrag I can't take a first locally most show around here run meca rules and cheat on fuse size. Because the loudest in my class is eddie alfaro hes running a dd 18 and a big dd amp set up for burps doing a 155 in a crx. My impala won't get that loud out the trunk he's running 8k and a 18dd 9500 I'm running 4k and a tsns. But I'll beat him in a bass race his stereo won't run long to maintain the race. I'm doing 144 right now consistantly and in burps 146dbs 147dbs on my old tsns I have 2010 on the way.

7. morespl

morespl Full Member

You think I would gain

If I dynamat the whole interior of the car or lose I tryed lots of diffferent boxes and my trunk is dynamatted but not the whole car.

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

he's louder cause its a crx. small hatchback = loud a s balls.

had a friend burp a 155 in his at last years SBN. he broke a record too. not sure of his class since it's not a class i compete in.

not gonna lie. i don't know any bass boxing rules to save my life. i just do the bass racing.

but i do know that box placement helps. where is your port in your trunk?

if you can get the bass to enter your cabin and seal off the trunk it can get louder.

9. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Creative Infinite baffle, large drivers, lots of fibreglass....a trunk can do 150. Did 139-140 with 4) 10 inch drivers.....16 years ago.

10. morespl

morespl Full Member

I was thinking to face the sub forward and port

Then sealing it off but I like the opportunity of taking the sub out with out four hours of work you guys think dynamat on the inside of the car would increase dbs

11. morespl

morespl Full Member

this is kinda how my port is don't have exact measurements right now

[​IMG]

But its more centered from that pic and farther back this is a old pic not a recent same box though and theres a zx350.4 on the right and a orion 400/4 on the right three kinetic 2 2000s and a 2400 behind the box and a soundstream xxx 6500d in front of that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011