Anyone have experience with.....

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by 98LowRanger, Jan 1, 2003.

1. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

The Shocker SS subs? Here is some info on it:

SPECS FOR 12"
    105 Ounce High-Energy Strontium Ferrite Magnets
    Ultra Efficient Designed to get loud with minimal power
    Stamped Steel Basket With Spade Terminals
    Progressive Roll Spiders Comprised of Cotton/Poly Blend for Maximum Durability
    Treated Foam Surround with
    19mm Peak-To-Peak Excursion Capabilities
    Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coils Wrapped on a Kapton Former
    Ultra Tight Gap Plate Topology
    Extended Pole Piece Adds Reliability and Strength During High Excursion Transient Peaks
    Power Handling 300 RMS 600 PEAK

T/S SPECS
    Re 3.79 Ohms
    Le 1.78 mH
    QM 11.19
    QE 0.24
    QT 0.23
    Xmax 6.03 MM
    Bl 20.34 TM
    Fs 30.2 Hz
    Mms 136.2 Gramz
    Mmd 129.7 Gramz
    Cms 0.204 mm/N
    Rms 2.311 N*sec/M
    Vas 74.3 liters
    SD 506.7 cm^2
    VD 305.7 cm^3
    EBP 127.4
    SPL 91.2 dB 1W-1m

Just would like to know what you guys have heard or thought about them? They are a SPL sub right?

Mark

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Big ported box (low QTS). Woln't fit in the rice Ranger ;) . Are they for you? Shockers are SPL subs.

3. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

Hey Seth, thanks for replying. Yeah they WERE going to be for me, but on top of what you said I found out that they have a 7" depth. I am also looking for more of a SQ sub or a sub with good SQ. I am also looking at Alpine Type Rs, PPI C2s, Elemental Designs K-series, Orion XTR Pro Series, Arc Audios, Hifonics Zeus series, and IDQ/IDMAX. Hmmm wonder if a 10" Brahma could fit since it has a 6.5" depth....might be pushing it. What would you suggest off that list or any others Seth?

Mark

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I like the Rs, IDQs, IDMax, and K series. I am also anxious to see what the A has to offer since the K has impressed me so much. Obviously the Brahma is my choice ;) . I like the tought of an invert ported poking out from between the seats. I think I suggested that before. The B10 in a foot ported tuned to 23Hz. MMMMMM good!. Seriously, all those are great woofers. Have you heard Cort's new 2003 K series? I am dying to get it into my ported box to see how it responds, but I feel it is impressive.

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

That's what i was wondering too. He *might* be able to get enough space if he worked it like that. It'd be a nice armrest :).

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah. I think we could work a couple of feet out of an invert install. The room behind the seats will be considerable, it is just the depth we can play with that is limiting us.

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yep, he's got plenty of airspace for one sub if you invert it. I just don't remember how big the opening between the seats was...

8. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

No I haven't heard his new setup or have I heard the Brahma ported yet. Guess yall are too embarressed to hang out with me and my ricey truck :(

Just ONE sub!? Awww I wanted 3 Brahma 10s or 2 Brahma 12s. Come on guys I want to be able to hear the subs! :D

Mark