Anybody Want To Guess What This Is?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by mustatang, Jan 7, 2004.

1. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

2. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

nah nah nah I know what is is :p B)

Jeff

3. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

Jeff want a cookie?

4. systempimp_1500

yes please

but I can't say. Promised I wouldn't.

macedamia nut with oversized white chocolate chunks?

Jeff

5. TalNLnky

TalNLnky Full Member

hehehe... i think we all have a good idea what it is.... My question is... that the final production unit, or the prototype that TC sounds made? I might be wrong... but that kinda looks familiar with some other TC sounds products(i'm talking individual parts)
    doubt we gotta wait much longer till all the beans are spilled.

6. MValley70

MValley70 Full Member

looks like that Creative sounds wofer that uses XBL^2 tech.....my guess

Scott, SC

7. TalNLnky

TalNLnky Full Member

yeah... just remembered that the prototype TC sounds speaker didn't look anything like that....

ok.... maybe its the new line of subs Adire is coming out with that are VERY similar to those Creative 10" subs

Can you say entry level XBL2 bass?

8. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I must of missed something, Im thinking the Koda driver. :unsure:

9. josh99ta

josh99ta Full Member

Entry level XBL2 bass = the Koda sub line that was listed on the Adire site, and I'd venture to say thats the 10" offering. Why do I say this? I've never seen a 6" Venezula basket, so I HIGHLY doubt its the Extremis 6. The size of the magnet in relation to the basket throws me for a loop though, I'd think it wouldnt be so wide, but maybe it uses the Brahma magnet slugs, but only uses one or two slugs as opposed to the Brahmas 3 magnet slugs. Thats my best guess, with no insider info. I hope it really is what I think it is though, because I need a budget XBL2 sub, and hopefully this one will be the Koda 10, geared for car audio, and I can get it shipped to my door for under $200. I hope. Not much longer to CES.

10. TalNLnky

TalNLnky Full Member

yeah.... the koda8 i think would be a pretty cool lil toy..... only thing.... if they did use the same slugs on the koda10 as the normal brahma, then the koda8 would use a completely different motor... i was under the impression that the koda line will be 8-15 sizes.... seems to me that adire would use the same motor on all of them.

11. josh99ta

josh99ta Full Member

By the size I thought Koda 8 at first too, but I dont remember seeing Koda 8 listed on the size chart, just Koda 10-12, hence the reason I said Koda 10. Koda 8 would make more sense just looking at the pic, but if there is no Koda 8, it cant be a Koda 8 but it would be a Koda 10 and maybe the motor is just that big. If it is though, I'm worried it will be out of my price range. Maybe every corresponding size will be $100 down from the respective Brahma size, like Brahma 15 = $425 Kodas 15 = $325 and so on. I sure hope not though, cause I'd love to grab a Koda 10 shipped for $200. Dan, hear my plea :yes:

12. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Make that $200 Canadian money, and I'll get two!
    :lol:

13. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Obviously, it's the new BOB driver.... just look at the folder name!

:unsure:

14. TalNLnky

TalNLnky Full Member

hehe, i think adire should really consider creatively naming some of there upcoming products. BY "CREATIVELY" i mean...
    BOB
    BOOM hehehe (the adire BOOM)
    master blaster
    platapus(that duck thingy)
    the adire.... ADIRE (hehehe redundant name)

ok... so maybe it wouldn't be a very good marketing idea, but it'd be hella funny.

15. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

The Adire BOOM isn't that far from

The Bang!
    The Pop!

drumroll.......

The GrandPop!

Too much engineer at Adire :) not enough zest.

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

What about the Adire sandt38... "he'll verbally slap the shit out of you" :p

Hey, I figured a catch line like that would be required :p

17. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

haha... what about the "Adire BOOM like so!"

but i think they would have problems
    Dan's admitted they haven't got their subs up to the
    performace level of the Funky pups yet...

nor even then corn pups...

:angry:

18. systempimp_1500

aww I was hoping I'd be the only one who knew. argh matey.

But yeah, it's the K10. XBL^2 and all. I'm very very close to getting one

for the living room. Mum will love that.....

Jeff

19. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Any guess on prices?

Im looking to downgrade and perhaps the "A-Deer" K10 would be the move to make.