Any Experience With Diamond Audio M641?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by festersays, Jul 21, 2010.

1. festersays

festersays Member

I'm looking to buy this... http://www.lesscoelectronics.com/Diamond_Audio_M641_4_Component_Speaker_System_p/m641 d641.htm component set.

It'll be the first set of new speakers I buy for my car, and I'd like to know if anyone's had any experience with them, how loud they can get, and if they can push any more than a peak of 100watts, because I'd like to amp them.

As for sound quality, I know Diamond puts out a good product, and these being in their D6 line, I don't think I need to worry about that.

Also, this might be a noob question... but since these have a peak of 100w each side, if say, I had a 200watt per channel amp, could I rig some sort of bridge so that they wouldn't be overpowered?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me, I appreciate it!

2. Brian K.

Brian K. Full Member

Hi nice to see someone that likes good sound, tha componets set is great i have been a installer for 20yrs. me and my wife both own this set, i have the 4.5 set in my dash and 6.5 set in my doors. I have them runing off a Fosgate 400.4 ea. set gets about 70w. my wifes get close to 50w she loves em they play fairly loud and stay clean at pretty much any volume. BUY EM YOU WONT GO WRONG.