Another Noob

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ramos, May 15, 2006.

1. ramos

ramos Full Member

Hello everybody, just found this place. Always on the quest to learn as much as I can :)

2. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

good your off to a good start man just dont buy any stupid stereo **** and you wont be made fun of lol

3. ramos

ramos Full Member

I got thick skin. I can take being made fun of :)

4. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

welcome.. everyone here is cool, even if you buy cheap stuff, (we all started somewhere) just keep it clean and have fun here

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Whats up ramos

6. ramos

ramos Full Member

I pride myself on taking cheap stuff and turning heads with it :D I like to be different. Thanks for the welcome :)

7. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

show some pics of your installs to really impress?:confused:

8. ramos

ramos Full Member

^^ I'm kind of in the middle of working on it right now :) Been busy working on projects for other people.
    Not really worried about impressing people over the net. I'm more concerned with impressing the customer who is paying :)
    Here's a couple pics of the enclosure / amp rack I'm working on now for my pos tracker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a set of door panels I did a while back for a friends benz. They haven't been vinyled yet :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  9. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

How long have you been doing this?

Did you use any bracing in the box? Typically, vents work better when on the same plane with drivers... Nice to see someone doing extra work:)

10. ramos

ramos Full Member

been doing it for a while :D The box is braced very well. It's a sealed enclosure for a pair of old round solo's . That place on top that looks like a port is actually going to be where my power distribution is gonna reside. Gonna panit it all white and do some led edge lighting in there and around the amps. I'm building trim panels with plexi windows to go over the amps to give them a cleaner look. Thanks for the comments :)

11. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

cool, now get busy building some good door enclosures...;)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/758000-758999/758933_113_full.jpg

12. ramos

ramos Full Member

Nah , I got something else planned ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

14. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

I like the box, ramos- you do nice work, always happy to see a custom sub enclosure that is actually custom. (I gotta figure out how to get my friends to start paying!):gunsmilie:

15. ramos

ramos Full Member

With some playing and adjusting they can work in a manual vehicle. Just takes a little fore thought on where to get the enclosure volume without invading on the clutch panel. My goal is two seat judging. I have 3/4" of pathlength difference, Sound stage is top of the windshield level, and solid horizontally, depth is mid hood or further, and width is unbelievably wide for such a small vehicle. I'm even using large format, silk dome tweets. No rainbow affect at all. :)

16. ramos

ramos Full Member

Thank you, this enclosure is something I threw together to test out the subs. My tracker is so small I had to build the amp racks in just to be able to fit them in the vehicle. I'm allready working on what's going in permanently. I have it framed up. I'm waiting on some biaxial and resin to come in for what I got planned next :)

17. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

that lip on the face of the box, to make it easier to tote? or design specific for another cool trick?

18. ramos

ramos Full Member

To keep the seat from hitting the subs when it's pushed all the way back and vice versa :)

19. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

righteous!

beauty and functionallity in one design

I like you, ramos...

(but not in a gay way..)

what about "high excursion grilles (like mine?)

20. onefasteclipse

onefasteclipse New Member

where you stay at? if you could draw me a plan for a box for 1 15" and 2 small amps that will fit in the trunk of a 93 altima i would be mad greatful.