annyoing vibration in vs commodore

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by nielsonp, Aug 8, 2009.

1. nielsonp

nielsonp New Member

being a young person who likes music i have splashed out on some new speakers, headunit and a 4ch amp to power the speakers and looking at getting a sub down the track a bit...

one thing that really annoys me tho is that somthing in the back vibrates. i talked to the salesman at the place who installed the whole system for me (an audiocom branch) and he sold me some dynamat. he reckons its the boot lid vibrating so i put 2 sheets of the dynamat under it.

it has taken away some of the vibration but there must be something else that is vibrating as well.
    i have noticed the boot lid underneath has another bit of sheetmetal so there is a gap between that metal and the top of the boot lid.. i am willing to get the angle grinder out nd cut it all off if i could... doesnt seem to be any reason for it to be there?

anyone have any ideas?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

while the system is playing put your hand on the spot that vibrates. if it stops thats where you add the mat. keep adding mass till it stops or like i did in some spots in my truck.

add another layer of weather stripping. it helped my rear hatch glass stop vibrating as much as it was, but with a 15" sub you cant stop it all without spending a fortune.

did that to my side vent windows too. those were out of control.lol.

3. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

x2 on what Pedro said,
    but yeah I just kinda gave up on trying to fix my rattles I don't believe it's possible for mine to go away. lol

4. nielsonp

nielsonp New Member

so there isn't anything i can put between the speaker and the parcel shelf to stop the rattling?

i sorta think the rattling is under the actual parcel shelf somewhere :(

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

soft foam maybe. i think you can find some with an adhesive back.

6. nielsonp

nielsonp New Member

i put some dynamat on the parcel shelf.. it helps a lot..