Amp remote wire shuts all sound off.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by SwampLife, Aug 26, 2010.

1. SwampLife

SwampLife Member

I am just hooking up an older little Sony 2ch amp to an 10' Infinity Kappa Perfect (I think). I hooked the amp up and bridged it, but as soon as the remote wire gets hooked up, it shuts all the sounds off. I can barely hear the music at full volume coming through the sub, but all of other speakers turn off. I unhook the remote wire and I get sound through all my speakers, but obviously not my sub. What am I doing wrong? The HU is a Clarion CZ509, have you ever heard that you need to enable a sub in the HU before installation?? Or is it just that the Amp doesnt have enough power to supply this 10' sub? Any other ideas????

2. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

You're positive you hooked the remote wire up correctly to the HU harness?

How many watts is your amp?

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

even a simple 3 watt per channel 1970's 8 track player from jet sound would run a 2Kw sub, albeit not loud....

You might start by looking at the amp itself...does it have a light to indicate it is going into protect? Is the amp properly grounded to the chassis of the vehicle? Might also try a quick check by running a jumper wire from the amps positve wire to the remote turn on of the amp and see if it kicks on...but whatever you do please be sure you have a fuse within 18 inches of the battery on the power wire! this may save your car from burning to the ground. Also is the amp correctly bridged...Some have a switch, some use both positives, some use left pos and right neg. etc.......