Amp Kit

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by jzfan920, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jzfan920

jzfan920 Full Member

What are some good quality amp kits??? I need an amp kit for my 4 channel Alpine f300 amp powering polk audio db651 door speakers and also

one for the subs that I plan to buy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what kind of money do you want to spend?

you prob only really need an 8 gauge kit for the alpine, if money is an issue wal mart sells a small kit for under 20.

i have their 8 gauge wire going to my PG amps and its ample enough for them.

3. jzfan920

jzfan920 Full Member

Hey thanks for your response Pedro. Money isn't an issue at all. I just want good quality wires for my amps...

4. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i dont think its worth it to even get 8 gauge. i'd rather just do a 4 gauge minimum, just in case you want to upgrade from what you have now. 4 gauge will hold about 1200 watts rms...anything above that, i would recommend 1/0.

check out www.knukonceptz.com
    they have very good wire for a good price, i belive a 4 gauge kit with RCA cables are around $50.

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I just used their KLM kit in an install I did and it worked great. $25 i think it was. great stuff!!

6. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i ordered their klm stuff and i didnt like it at all. move up to their fleks stuff and you'll see a huge difference.

7. jonnyv713

Well, it wasnt the best but it sure got the job done. How much more is their Fleks?

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

klmx - 1.75/ft
    fleks - 3.40/ft

i guess pretty much double, but its worth it

9. jonnyv713

I read it and it can handle loads over 300A for the 0AWG! i dont have a use for that now. I think im gonna be re-wiring my car cause im gonna be runnin about 500-1000 watts tops now so 4AWG is all i need anymore.

10. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i need to order enough for a second run. im going to have one for my sub amp and one for my 2 nine.4s :)

11. jonnyv713

Nice! 0 guage or what?

12. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

yeah im just going to do a second run with 1/0 gauge in case i want to do anything else.