Amp Help...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MaddoxBay, Dec 9, 2003.

1. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Opinions about Lanzar Opti Slim Line and the Opti Drive amps.

Like always, I am on a budget. Looking for a good budget amp and I can get one of these that will fit in the budget.

I am really looking at the Opti SL100

[​IMG]

2. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

The Optidrive 100.2 has a rated power of 90w @ 4ohms.

OPTI 100.2

[​IMG]

The slimline has Moseft Power Supplies and the Optidrive has Bipolar Output Devices.

What is the difference in these two amps?

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Looks like for one thing, the OPTI 100.2 is discontinued (your link had the word "closeout" in the URL ;) )

If the power ratings are similar, it's safe to say that the SL100 is the replacement for it.

At least it's an attractive amp.
    Lanzar used to be a fairly high-end brand, a bit underground maybe.. back in the early-mid 90's. Then they were bought out, by someone... someone not exactly prestigious.. like the Anaba group, or someone like that... and consequently the line went to hell.
    More recently, their products seem to have been improving slowly... up until now, the Opti line was the only product they really had that was decent.
    FWIW.

4. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

my neighbor has the sl800 and it's spent more time in transient for warrenty work that it has in his car...the board layout is not even remotely close to the opti line....i would leave it alone

as for the optidrive amps...let me clear something up just in case this is not known

optidrive actual power ratings - rms@14.4v

100.2 - 2x50@4ohm/2x90@2ohm/1x180@4ohm

200.2 - 2x100@4ohm/2x190@2ohm/1x380@4ohm

500.2 - 2x250@4ohm/2x450@2ohm/1x900@4ohm

100.4 - 4x50@4ohm/4x90@2ohm/2x180@4ohm

1000d - 400@4ohm/700@2ohm/1000@1ohm

this was brought to lanzars attention about 9 months ago...they confrimed the ratings and said that their website would be updated

my 200.2 is probably the best amp i have ever used on my front stage

i have yet to take my 100.2 out of the box

my 1000d met an untimely death...however...i ran it at .5 ohm for about 8 monthes

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'm gonna agree with these guys. Everyone I know of who has an Opti just RAVES about the amps. My understanding is they are solid, underrated, incredibly priced amps. I doubt you will be disapointed.

6. black00

black00 Full Member

I tried to respond to your PM but mine acts funny i havn't figured it all out yet.

lemme suggest the sound stream angina 200w at 2ohm

Roughly $79

www.millionbuy.com
    click on amps
    click on soundstream
    find the blue amps

7. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Well let me kick myself in the ass. :oops:
    My wife bought the Optidrive 100.2 last night for me.

If I can come up with the money before they are gone I will get one and use the 100.2 up front.

8. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Sandt38,

I hope it is underrated. How can I check what it is putting out?
    What instruments do I need to do this?

9. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

i can say this about the 200.2 wich is ratted at 100x2 at 4ohms...it definatly puts out more power than my usx2150 :eek: