Amp has cosmetic flaws. Solutions?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by flawlesskid, Oct 8, 2002.

1. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Here's the deal, my PG ZX amplifiers have some cosmetic flaws. The covers are shtty looking due to some old age and abuse by previous owner. There are quite a few scratches and some uncleanable stains. I'm thinking that since its fan cooled, and the cases arent implements as heat sinks, that it can be repainted. Am i right to think this? I mean couldnt i just tape over the logo's and put a fresh, thin coat of some type of heat resistant paint? I just want to put it back to its original color. Hell, maybe even get creative and match my cars color, who know. I'll post some pics of the amp when i get some fresh batteries for my digicam.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

We'll click some pics and post them on Saturday if you want. I am anxious to know which route you will take after our discussion last night. I assume you will paint them, I just want to know... What color?

You are stopping by this weekend so we can work on that enclosure and complete install right? I will need the dimensions of that section in the trunk we will place the enclosure, so I can figure the hieght of the supports we will need for the flush mount amps, after determining the hieght of the enclosure. We are still keeping it in 1.5 feet right?

3. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

yeah, 1.5 is the number. I took the cover off of my old broken zx350 and wet sanded it down to see what it looks like. I didnt get the whole thing sanded down, but the part i did looks good, but im not gonna keep it that way. Has the brushed aluminum look. I'm gonna go pick up some paint in a little while while im out. I got around to ordering my carpet yesterday. I got a charcoal color. I think that'll match. I ordered it 2 day delivery so i have it by friday. I'll get some numbers together for you, and have them for you later today. Oh, and yes, i'll be there saturday bright and early if thats ok with you.

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Sounds good. The dual E15K install will arrive between 12 & 1 in the afternoon, so I assume we will be done with yours by then...

5. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

if we're not done with mine, i think i'll be able to work alone towards finishing so you can go ahead and get started on the other install. However we do it, it'll get done im sure. I got some paint, and a new sander today, so i'll have that test amp cover done later on.

6. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

send it to me, I will powdercoat it any color I have for around $20 plus shipping. Durable, scratch resistant, high temp, no orange peel or inconsistant finish.... it is self leveling. I can add a clear coat whick will make it look spectacular for another $20 if you wanted. If your interested email me
    dandbeng@hotmail.com