amp going in protect??

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Kvo_8, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

ok so last night i took out my powerbass eq and put in my dc sub/amp/xs power batt/clarion eq. so im not getting hardly any sound from my sub. highs are fine. you can hear it very faintly and once i try to turn it up, i see that that dc amp goes into protect. i tried taking the xs power batt out and running it straight, that didnt work. i took out the dc amp and put in my old hifonics amp and had it hooked up to my 15, the hifonics went into protect also. any ideas guys??

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what happens if you use the powerbass eq? also see what happens by going straight to the amp from the head.

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i havent tried it with the powerbass eq. i'll try running straight from the amp to the head when i get home. im at the apple store in the mall on my break haha

4. pedro quiroga

did you do ANY thing else different?

5. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

nope. everything is pretty much the same, just the equipment swap

6. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

ok so today i took off my knukonceptz battery terminals and just put regular terminals in the back. i also took out the eq to see if that was the problem...it wasnt. i just cant figure this out. the sub plays, but very faintly and if i turn it up, it goes into protect

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I remember having this problem one time but i dont remember what it was.

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

lol hopefully you remember soon! that would help a lot! i just keep getting so frustrated, i feel like i've tried almost everything.

9. jonnyv713

well i cant remember. make sure to go over all your wiring. its usually something little and stupid. especially the ground, like my pa says you wouldnt ever imagine how important the ground is!

10. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

my ground should be fine, i havent messed with it at all :(

11. pedro quiroga

could the sub be the culprit?

12. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

thats what i was thinking and i want to go check it now, but i've been lazy today since the cold front came down lol

13. kingsuv

kingsuv Full Member

Being you already switched out amps, I would say it's a sub issue. Check that you don't have a loose lead or one of the dvc isn't wired backwards from the other.

14. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

turns out it was one the speaker wire...i switched it out, its fine now. it feels good to hear some bass in the car again!!!

15. jonnyv713

told u it was something small!

16. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

lol it was that stupid twisted speaker wire from knukonceptz...i'll just order their regular speaker wire from now on

17. pedro quiroga

ooooooh i was almost close to being dead on. it was sub related!

nice! i wanna see pics of this set up of yours. i dont remember if i have or not. im too old and lazy to look.