amp for 3510

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by bonne-man, Nov 12, 2002.

1. bonne-man

bonne-man Full Member

i just bought a 3510 :D it needs to be reconed, but thats ok. i will be needing an amp for this sub, its rated at 800w rms and 1200max music handling? whatever that means in dd terms. i am looking at spending $300 or less for an amp, is there anything that you guys reccommend, and also what kind of ported box would be the best in my situation? i want about 60/40 spl/sq, would the box recommended by dd be the best? i was playing with winisd, and the bigger boxes i was modeling had higher spl than the smaller ported box. please help

-dan

2. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

what voicecoil config do you have? I have an EQ 200dhc that would do that sub some justice @ 4ohm

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Ask biggie, he's the local boomer ;) . He runs a 9515, and has Brahma envy :lol: .

Anyways, sorry to go off topic, but your sig rules. Maynard is God. Jim Morrison reincarnate...

these are the cries of the carrots...
    For you see Reverand Maynard
    Tomorrow is harvest day
    And to them
    IT
    IS
    THE
    HOLOCOUST....

Let the rabbit wear glasses

Man, I used to sit around on Acid and listen to these guys.

4. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

Im a dumbass, I just reread your post and realized you need to get it reconed. In that case if you are interested in the Earthquake, Id recommend getting a dual 2ohm and then you can run the EQ @ 4ohm for 800-1000w and if you ever decide to get another you can add another dvc 2ohm and drop it down to 2ohms for 1600-2000w. If you are interested PM :)