Almost jacked..

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Busted51, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Busted51

Busted51 Full Member

i went into tjmax for about 10 to 15 mins and came out to my car and the trunk looked like someone tried to pry their way into it. this was at about 2:00p.m.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

damn....sorry man

3. speedracer008

speedracer008 Full Member

dude i never thought about that...i got a hatchback so they just gotta break the glass:eek: :eek:

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

stealth is the way to go.i'm doing some research.am debating on a false floor for my amps or like i used to have.

a sub in my spare tire.used to have an infinity 10 in my "FULLY FUNCTIONAL" interior mounted spare.

my amps were the only thing that took up space,and just barely at that.

now that i have a square sub i dont think i can do that again.

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

You said it all, stealth. And it works. My truck has no big fancy wheels and tires. no stickers on it that says "steal everything in here", in fact if I parked it next to another Ranger, it would be hard to pick out. I always put the sun screen in the front windshield and the widows are tinted, this makes it hard to see anything inside the truck.

It works, never had a problem, my system has been in there for over 10-years

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car Busted51.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

also in my old pick up i had the sub box/amp rack covered with matching color carpet.(standard cab)simple 10$ fix.

15 1/2 years not one attempt on it.plus it was not a looker.....but that was part of it's disguise...yeah thats it.

7. zedlav

zedlav Full Member

I had an accident bout 8 years ago. My so called friends gave me a ride to get help. F****RS went back and jacked my whole system. I have one of those alarms with the 2-way pager now. If someone messes with it, I can catch em in the act. Never had a problem with someone jacking my **** since I started using them. Installed alot of em in cars round here. I have mine on silent. Added a switch on the lights so them F****N theives won't notice it. I'd suggest u get one. It helps. I know a place that sells them online if your intrested. PM me.
    ________
    Kitchen Measures

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  8. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

I would say that chances are someone knew you had a system.....then tried to help themselves to it....

I try to hide my stuff....I do not advertise by visual or audio clues to anyone around me that I have what I have....One thing that is very hard to try to avoid (not for me cause I am an old dude now) is when you run with a bunch of guys who are into car audio stuff too...They have buddies with buddies and their buddies have buddies.....and the word gets out....before you know it, someone is in your stuff trying to take it for themselves...

Depending on the level of the theives, they could try to smash and grab, or hotwire and take it somewhere, or hell they may hook up to it with a towtruck and take it....yes, the alarm is nice.....specially the one that is silent. you walk up behind them with a .357 and they hear you click the hammer back.......ha ha ha.......just be prepaired if you walk up on someone or a couple of guys etc.....

I knew of a guy who's car was gettin jacked outside in the parking lot of a truckstop I used to work at....He walked up all tough and they almost beat him to death....

Willy

9. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

this happened to a friend of mine, he had an accord and while it sat in his driveway someone actually pried the trunk open and got all his equipment including the 12cd changer and the damage was well over $2500 and by the looks of it they used a giant crobar, not only was the bumper cracked and broken they also really bent the trunk over like a mushroom