Alexa Toolbar

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Nov 1, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Get your Alexa Tool Board today and help me Improve our sites "rank" on the world wide web

this is a customized version of the tool bar,

as a link to this site in the "alexa" menu

plus is offers the ever popular popup manager

but right now out site is ranked 2,104,342 place

CAF is 102,139

lets BET them :D

Download your toolbar today

http://download.alexa.com/alexa7/startpage...spreybusines-20

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Isnt Alexia spyware?

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

all depends on hwo broad your spyware term is

something like gator, no

but it does collect information about your browing habit, how else can the rank the sites ;)

but it is not something that you get bombarded with ads with,

like the gator Software does, or some of the other" spyware"

so yes it is if you mean "does it collect marketing information about you" but there is no way they could get site traffic info with out doing that

4. ASM

ASM Full Member

Too bad it doesn't work with Mozilla.

5. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I installed it and my computer proceeded to crash. Rebooted, crashed again. I couldn't even load a page 3/4 of the way and it would just stop. Ctrl/Alt/Del was my new, oft used restart method. It might be my ancient computer, though. P2/300 MHz, 256 MB of ram, and Widows ME. If you know of a more stable version, let me know.

:)

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

jeeze, your on a very unstable platform as it is, winME on that slow of a processor, your just asking for trouble

hell using winME on any process is asking for it, winME is the most unstable OS ever produced

7. nismo

nismo Full Member

ANY other version of windows will be more stable <_<

windows 95, 98 and ME BLOW. my puter would crash 3-4 times a day to the BSOD with 98 and ME, but i run xp pro 24/7 and it doesnt crash. as for whether you can run it, if youve got the 300 celeron, you can change the FSB, and the puter will be totally stable, but will run at like 400/433 (i cant remember at the moment :rolleyes: )...and my parents 350 pII w/ 128 ram runs XP pro fine.

eric

8. nismo

nismo Full Member

dang michael, you beat me by mere seconds :blink:

eric

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

**Stands up**

Hi, my name is Seth and I am a WinME user. I have no problems with stability. I am also thankful because I don't have the security issues that XP users do.

**sits down, realising he spent WAY to much time in the 12 step program** :p

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well Seth, WinME has just as many "security" holes as WinXP, but in reality it is really a none issue for home users as long as you have a good firewall (which I use Zone Alarm Pro)

and winXP has been said to be the most secure of all windows platforms todate, not that any home user would be effected in general terms

but if you like the worst (even mircosoft called it a terrible OS) windows version, then I guess that is all that matters

but on to the topic of this thread

our site rank has risen GREATLY

up to

that is soo cool