Advice Please!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fb4076, Feb 22, 2004.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Ok, right now I have two Kicker Solo-baric L7 12 inch subs in a 5.65 cubic foot box ported. I am still considering amps for those two, but I was wondering what else would I get that would make the system sound good. I know that those subs are not SQ, but I was wondering, what speakers, mids, highs, and amps would make that run well. Should I just stick with the Kicker? I am not sure if the type of car matters, because I am just wondering about the types brands and series that you all would recommend. I am pretty new into this, it is only my second system, but I would like other components that are comparable or perhaps better quality. I do not have a specific budget just yet, but the cheaper the better.

2. madstamm

madstamm Full Member

hehehe... I suppose one really shouldnt reply to a post of this nature.. BUT, I'm in a good mood ... B)

car was not listed(yes, this is important), neither were listening preferences (L7's = basshead, RnB???), etc etc.

so. The following system will fit your not so tight specifications:

Deck: Alpine 7995 ($300 new)
    Components: Canton CS3.28 ($200 new)
    Compo Amps: 2x Rockford 50M ($300 used only) or PPI A600.2 ($200 used only)
    Midbass: 2xIDQ8 ($100 used only)
    Midbass Amp: USAmps 400X ($400 new)
    Subamp: Hifonics Brutus 1500 ($250 new)
    Processing: hmmm... Pioneer DEQ-9 ($450 new)
    Sound-Deadening: whatever, $100-200
    Miscellaneous Cables and other expenses (beer): $100

... hehehe, just trying to think of an untypical system using all different brands and some off-the-wall components for every component group ... should ring in right about at USD2.2k...

not exactly cheap, not exorbitantly expensive, but with a proper install you would be in the premiere league.. loud enough to make your buddies :puke: and sweet enough to turn on even the most indifferent phillistine... (in the normal case that would be your gf :lmfao: )

cheers,

m
    http://mstamm.imgaming.com

3. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

ok, well, thank you. I think that my budget is a little over what you listed. But... that is cool, I like having extra money in my pocket. Thanks!