Adire Reffered Me To Subzero For Boxes, ???

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jstutman, Mar 17, 2004.

1. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

sandt, and all ive been in the market again.....

looking at 2x 15" Brahma's

They reccomended this box for the brahma's

ABS152 Dual 15" sealed 2.25 ft3 x 2
    35.00" wide x 17.00" high x 18.20" top depth x 22.60" x bottom depth

they claim these boxes were built FOR brahma's

Now i am good at car audio but suck totally on designing or building boxes. Do you reccomend this box for Dual 15" brahma's

NOTE: I could be talked into a Single 15" Brahma depending on how my ears feel in 6 months when i get out of the Avaition Field.

2. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

guess this answered it :)

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The SubZero boxes for Brahmas are really incredible... haven't you seen a picture?
    It's actually even got a brace, to cradle the motor on the sub! :blink:

I didn't know they had boxes for dual-Brahmas, just singles.
    Probably pretty pricey little boxes, aren't they?

And sealed only, right?

The things are built like tanks.

4. Imready77

Imready77 Full Member

I found a few months ago and that dual box cost about $485.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

We are using Phil at Woodlawn Cabinetry for our customers needs. Phil's boxes are built as well as the Sub-Zero enclosures. We will be offering Brahma specific enclosures for in car, using the similar bracing/cradle techniques as well.

See here for a couple Brahma ported enclosures.

See here for many other examples.

Oh, and by the way... I'll bet 1 15 will be plenty for you bud ;) . It is crazy loud

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

never loud enough :p

7. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

9. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

thanks everyone, i went to phil's web site and i knowticed he doesent have like pre made boxes. so because i have no clue as to what kind of box i need. I will shoot an email to phil to find out what kind of box, dimentions and etc etc. I will gladly high on someone who does this as a hobby as apposed to someone who runs these boxes threw a machine Phil You got email

Also a Note, I love the design you did for the 2001 mitsubishi Montero. I bet thats one happy customer

10. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

damn, fat finger

11. PimpinD

PimpinD Full Member

I am currently looking for a box also, but not sure how to tune the box. Ive been messing around with winISD, seems 30 - 35hz is the best. Once again is a 12inch Brahma mark I, it will be running off cadence A7HC at 1ohm. i was thinking 2.0ft^3 tunes at 35, or 2.5ft^3 tuned aat 30. Subzero is coming out with a VRV121 (single ported 12, which according to mfg will work with a brahma) the specs are 2.5ft^3 tunes to 35hz. Cost around $182.

12. Mr Cabinetry

Mr Cabinetry Full Member

Hello All,

I thought I would stop by here and let everyone know that I'm still alive.

I've had some personal setbacks that kinda threw me off track of what Sandt and I are putting together to offer and I personally apologize to Sandt and to everyone that would like to have an affordable alternatives to what is being offered elsewhere.

In this day and age things should be " Right then and now " as to what one wishes to obtain, unfortunely, as the saying goes " Rome was not built in one day " and if I could clone myself, things would happen quicker.

Anyone that has had me fabricate an enclosure for them knows the type of quality and craftsmanship that I strive to deliver to the customer without question, reservation or compromise.

I'm only one person here trying to satisfy and address the needs of individual customers and this involves a certain amount of time I devote to each individual to ensure that I don't miss something in the process of doing so.

All I am asking for is alittle time and patience.

13. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

:jawdrop:

you are indeed whom i will contact when im ready to have a box made, heres a minor problem. there will be no way i can give exact dimentions of my car for like 6 more months. its in usa im in sicily. so hopefully we can find a car like mine close to you so you can make mesurments. or ill just buy one of the pre-mades you show on your site. btw those boxes look freaking awsome :)

14. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

It's good to know you are still alive, Phil! :lol:

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing you around here a bit - looking forward to seeing what you're working out with Seth for the Brahmas - with a very interested eye! B)