Adire Koda Component Set

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by joelsbass, Apr 10, 2005.

1. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

Ok, so i was reading through parts of Adire's website again and noticed something...

In the write-up for the Koda components it says that they're configured for Off-Axis response so they still sound good in stock locations, if that's the case would they not perform as well in a properly aimed kick pannel enclosure?

2. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I don't think it will be too much of a problem on-axis. The thing with the Kodas is that they need a large-ish box behind them. That's hard to get in a kick, unless you 'vent' them somehow.

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

"Properly aimed" is in my experience more a function of each speaker...
    Not that a kick panel that is "properly aimed" for one speaker won't sound good for another - but there may be a better way for that new speaker.

And of course, the proper way to aim is to build temporary baffles and listen to them...
    ...so if Kodas are on call for you, I'd also plan to build yourself a new set of kicks. ;)

If you didn't build the kicks to begin with - if you weren't the one making the aiming judgements - they aren't really optimized for you anyway, so don't sweat it either way.
    Heck, it might sound better with the new speakers in there. B)