Adire Customer Service-is It There?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by peter_euro, Jun 12, 2004.

1. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Just wondering... Sent in a Brahma 15 for reconing and basket upgrade on the 4th, it was received on the 8th... I wrote an email yesterday (they state on their website not to call but rather to write them) to find out what is going on and when they are going to contact me regarding the repairs and have not heard back... How long do these guys take to open the box and contact customers with any info or estimate and payment info?

I assume they will not start doing anything until OK'ing the repair with me and secure payment but how long does this take? I included the RA form with my sub including my email and phone number... Are they just slow or am I the lucky one? I think they sent these things to the built house to have the actual repairs done so it may take real long time if they are taking their time now...

I do not mean to stir up anything but my experience with Audiocontrol, Goldline and few others made me think there would be some contact by now... So what is up with this? :(

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I would call them Monday anyway. and make sure you tell them you emailed them 4 days ago

Also you have to remember that Email do get "lost" or "misread" or even labled amd "spam" the thrown out

any person with a Email address shown on a web site will tell you, that emaill addres is BOMBED with spam, at the peak of s4s I was getting ove 1,000 Spam Emails a DAY in my Sales inbox and this is not including the one the Spam Filter Nabbed, this often caused delays and some times I accidently Deleted a REAL email because I thought it was spam

with the recent Passage of Anti Spam laws I have seen a decrease but my business is not a big now as Shop4sound was so that play a big role as well

3. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

We have a guy that takes care of this stuff. But he is very swamped with e-mails on top of his other duties. So it takes him a day or two to sift through them. Especially when you add that we do get a great deal of spam like Michael said. I think Chris told me we get 1500 spam messages a day. Sure we have a filter, but we have to look through those just to be sure a valid e-mail didn't get filtered. But even still, I think Dan is correct what he said over at CAF yesterday in your thread:
    I do remember getting your driver in. We have to do some things to determine what happened to the driver, then we send you an e-mail about the status. But you must give us more than a couple days. We will take care of your sub as timely as we can.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I have one word for you Stephen

"Cloudmark"

when you figure out the meaning your :spam: problems will be over :p

worked for me, to bad I decided to close right after I figured it out :blush: :blush: :blush:

5. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

K, that is cool... Usually I would not be concerned but I sent the sub in a regular box (since the basket was cracked anyway and as per consent of Adire rep on the phone) and just wanted to make sure my sub did not get set aside for that reason). One thing that confused me was that the revised Adire site is pretty specific about emailing and not calling... If you insist on emailing, I would expect the email gets reviewed very frequently... Otherwise, if I try to play by Adire rules, I am in the dark... Today is Tuesday, I will wait until Friday and start calling I guess... :blush:

6. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Please be patient. You sent the e-mail on friday. The guy who takes care of those e-mails was sick yesterday, and has to take care off all the e-mails from the weekend and yesterday. But he will get to you as soon as he can. We are doing our best to take care of your return in a timely manner.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

7. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

LOL, I am actually very patient (as long as I know things are on track). And I actually got an email from Adire today.. :lmfao:

To: "'PMJ'" <pjanicki2003@comcast.net>
    Subject: RE: Brahma 15 sent in for reconing
    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:12:08 +0000

This is the message, LOL... I think this is the confirmation my email was received... ;)

8. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

LOL, I am actually very patient (as long as I know things are on track). And I actually got an email from Adire today.. :lmfao:

To: "'PMJ'" <pjanicki2003@comcast.net>
    Subject: RE: Brahma 15 sent in for reconing
    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:12:08 +0000

This is the message, LOL... I think this is the confirmation my email was received... ;) [/b][/quote]
    For the record, so it does not appear I am smearing Adire, I got the full version of the original message and all is cool. The forecast is for delay from parts shortage but that is the way things go... At least the sub was received and is on the way to be rebuilt... Thank you for the input and I guess I will concetrate on my other cars until the sub comes back... I am dying to find out how it will compare with the 2 1200GTi it replaces...

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

What are you doing with the 1200GTi's?
    I've got a 1200 GTi here at my house.. just one though.

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Are you thinking three GTI 1200's there Geo? ;) :lol:

11. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Dreaming is more like it. :D

I'm currently not working, so I really couldn't spend any money on that...
    Working on solving that minor little issue though... hopefully before the money in the mortgage kitty fund runs out. :lol:

I'm just curious what he is doing with them... and why, really.
    Is he getting rid of them - and if so - why?
    Is he repurposing them somewhere else, because he loved them so much? etc.

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

"would you like fries with that" :p

13. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

"would you like fries with that" :p [/b][/quote]
    LOL, that's pretty cold... I think Geo has the ability to do waaay better than this... In fact, maybe I should work out a trade with him for a part of his brain (not for me but my 10 y.o. son) in exchange for the subs, LOL... :rolleyes:

14. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

To answer your question, I am not doing anything with them for now...
    I will have to find out what the Brahma sounds like first to determine which set up is better... I am very concerned actually that this big box may be too much for the single Brahma... I was thinking about 2 instead but really do not feel like spending money on another one... :rolleyes: