Addicted please all read

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by cronarct, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

Addicted was the title i choose for this post and for a reason, i installed my first real sub and amp the other day, u can say im still working on it lol, because i am, but the point of this post was not to say that, i wanted 2 say, im addicted to car audio now, i want to spend like all my time learning every aspect of it and hooking up my systems and my friends systems and my friends friends friends friends second cuzin removed twices systems lol

i want to learn everything lol and the problem is i know NOTHING really lol, but i can read so im kinda counting to online folks to teach me all the lingo and all the specs and info i need 2 so please just start posting randomly whats what and all the info someone who wants to persu this as a major hobby will ever need 2 know.

thanks

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, welcome! You can start off getting a digital multimeter, that will save you some guesswork and probably save you from frying stuff.

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Just go through and read past posts and threads, there is lots of info here!

4. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Welcome, I'm like the same way as you, I came to the site knowing a couple of things, now I know.. well I don't feel stupid no more because I understand when someone explains something. Everyone here is nice and smart and cool.

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Critical thinking skills will take you far in any Endeavor , including this one. A good example would be which speaker is better, speaker A or speaker B. Dumb arguement, because all it will lead to is an "is to... is not.... is to... is not" arguement. You see that here all the time. It means that the Participants have absolutely no clue.

While we can discuss the quality of a perticular brand, the performance of a 12-inch speaker vs a 12-inch speaker will be nearly identical. Both have the same surface area, therefore they move the same amount of air, therefore the same ability to be loud or hit low, or whatever.

Critical thinking means, using the above example, that you will look at the parameters, why does this one work better in this box or in this car and why does the other work better in a different box.

Radios and amps are basically the same, 99% of what you see here is personal opinion. I sell Planet Audio, Pioneer, Kenwood, PowerBass and a few other brands at my shop. Does that mean its the best? Hell NO, but its equipment that I know.
    My opinion is based on what I know. Remember that Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people. (Giordano Bruno)
    (I'm gonna add that to my Signature) Now thats true.

Anyway think for yourself and ask alot of questions. This is a great place to learn

6. TheViking

good advice ranger.....

but my speakers sound better than yours!!!!! (he he!!!! )

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I think your OK, I din't care what Azn says

8. TheViking

Do you know a guy named Ivan??????

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Ranger means "particular" lol

I don't care of the woofer also...from my experiences with messing around with boxes...I've learned that a 60dollar sub can outperform a 300 dollar sub...why?? enclosure enclosure enclosure

Thanks Ranger...I love you too man

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

spell check says....."don't" or "do not"

11. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

lol well iv been threw almost all the previous post im working on the tutorials now lol, lol but right nowi have no more money to do what i want to lol so im at a standstill :( lol and i still have no idea what all the lil specs on the side of a speaker box means lol

12. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

ya those things lol

13. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

and now after i have read alot of these post i have decided that tomarrow im going to redo my install in my trunk because its not professinal looking and i want to be proud of this so i redoing it i will take pictures of it before the re-instal and after

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Have you read all of the stickies??? They are VERY informative.

15. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

im working on reading them all lol within a week or so i will have read every post lol im just trying to figure out the placement i want my sub box in my 96 buick skylark sport 2 door sedan lol the wording on the "aiming a woofer box" tutorial is odd and somewhat confusing

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Try aiming the box to the rear and move the box further back...did it in my friends car and it is noticeable louder with the subs close to the rear.

All I used to do is read read and read and I learned A LOT...and I learned alot from working on my own vehicle also

17. cronarct

cronarct Full Member

ok the tutorial i read said all there test were done with the back of the box mounted aprox 3 feet from the trunk latch i think im gona do that and have them facing the latch i think thats how they say they got the best bass outa it lol but i think i gota mod my box because the box is intended for TRUCKS but it was on sale it was a 200$ lightening audio 10in sub with amp the sub is 750 max watt handeling power and i ferget what the amp is but it looks awsome lol but the package was ripped because someone tried to steal it and it was caught on tape it was in pretty bad shape the package was so it was marked down to 95$ and i got it and just made sure i got a return policy with it lol

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Every trunk car is different

that 3 ft rule does not apply to all cars...only the vehicle used in the test.

Just start with the box all the back against the rear of the back seat....then play a song...move the box back a lil then repeat until you find the best spot for it