Access a Fuse

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by grande42xcom, Aug 8, 2007.

1. grande42xcom

grande42xcom Full Member

Has anyone ever used the access-a-fuse aftermarket fuse tap before?

The Access

It looks like a great way to get power to aftermarket accessories, but I am just wondering if anyone has used it, and for what applications? I am hoping I can use it to power a satellite radio unit for my '04 Silverado.

~ Grande

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Never used it. Why not get power from behind the radio? Almost forgot 04 may not have an ignition wire behind the radio.

What type of XM unit are you installing? Are you adding a tuner to the factory radio? You know its XM ready. With a tuner from Turk and the correct cable, its just plug and play.

3. grande42xcom

grande42xcom Full Member

I am looking for some alternatives to just splicing into the power that goes to the radio (not too good at splicing just yet!)

The factory head unit I have is ready for satellite radio, it just didn't come w/ the XM pre-installed.

Thanks for the info

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you can find one that gets it's power from the cig lighter.
    like this one.it's my old xm roady. i hid the plug behind the dash
    [​IMG]
    or just go to the dealer to find what it will cost to install it

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Listen you want a Terk Piece called XM direct. The part number you want is XMDGMK. (always double check my numbers) Its plug and play for all GMs (for your year and truck) except base model AM/FM.

Attached Files:

6. pedro quiroga

i should show that to my sisters friend.she has a 2007 2500HD silverado and didnt know how to get xm in her truck.

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Is it 07 or 07 Classic. There is a difference. The 07 Classic is still really similar to the 06 Model and adding XM should be no problem. The 07 is different and uses different protocols for accessing the radio. The aftermarket is just now catching up to these radios.

If you do a little research and get some info let me know. If its a true 07, pull the radio out and tell me if there is a silver box under it. The dash panel snaps off, but be carefull, those are some super tight clips.

8. pedro quiroga

oh.well i dont have access to the truck. they live in NC.

9. grande42xcom

grande42xcom Full Member

Turns out it's not, it's just the base AM/FM radio. But thanks for the info.