A newbie here looking for some car audio help/advice (installing OEM satellite radio)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by vanandalisha, Sep 2, 2011.

1. vanandalisha

vanandalisha New Member

I just bought a 2007 GMC Sierra truck (heck of deal as the truck only had 8000 orignal miles on it). Anyway, it has the standard OEM AM/FM/CD player. I thought it xm radio but apparently it does not. I tried transferring my existing account over but was advised by XM that the truck did not have satellite capability.

Here's the quagmire. The truck has the oem satellite antenna on the top of the cab. When you hit the "cat" button it says "XM only feature".

What I would like to do is to keep the factory radio but upgrade it has XM capability.

Can you do this? I was told by one techie that I could (would have to buy a modulator).

Can someone please help me out with this situation?

Thanks,

Van

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Depending on the radio, you may only need to install the XM tuner and the antenna. The people you want to contact is M&R Electronics in Michigan. They can help you. I have dealt with these people for many years and they are the experts in factory radios and components.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011