!998 Olds achevia front speakers?????

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by chrisbean, Nov 20, 2007.

1. chrisbean

chrisbean Full Member

My girl has a olds achevia and I want to replace the front speakers with ANYTHING better then her 4x6's! So when I pulled the door panel off all I saw was the 4x6 and some bracket to hold it? If I take the bracket out there's a big hole and no way to hold a 6 1/2 or even a 6 3/4?Just a big hole! Has anyone worked on one of these before?I thought I'd just screw it to the door speaker hole but it bigger then the Infinity 6 3/4 i have!Just falls through? Does it need a home made mounting plate or did Olds have a stock 6 inch speaker + bracket I can use from a junkyard?

2. chrisbean

chrisbean Full Member

Com'on! Somebody has to of worked/know someone that's done a car like this before?

3. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

you could make a wooden baffle fairly easily.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I know that Metra makes an adapter plate for the Cavalier, that goes from 4 x 6 to 5-1/4. But their online catalog is worthless. I dont know if it will work for the Achieva. I try to remember to look it up when I go back to work on Monday.

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The adapter I was thinking of is a Metra 82-3300. It is used to convert a 4 x 6 to 5-1/4. It only lists the Cavalier and the Sunfire. So I don't know if it will work in your car.